Nested tabs in CB profile

12 years 3 months ago #190440 by adop
Nested tabs in CB profile was created by adop
In CB profile I have a long list of of information to be displayed which requires the user to scroll down. The ideal solution would be to group this info and display it in different tabs. Is this possible in profile?
In CB Config > User Profile > Nested tabs I read:

Nest all tabs under a single profile panel. This is very helpful when there are large amounts of tabs.

It would seem that this is the solution but I cannot find a way to group several fields from Profile in different tabs.

Thanks,

adop

J2.5.3 CB 1.8.0 GJ 2.5.1 Kunena 1.7.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #190441 by adop
Replied by adop on topic [SOLVED]: Nested tabs in CB profile
Just found the answer.

In CB > Tab Manager add a tab and position some profile fields in it.
The tab will either be displayed in a tab row with all other tabs or, if you set nested tabs to Yes, it will be nested under your profile.

Still not clear why this tab gets a different treatment compared to others but I can live with it.

J2.5.3 CB 1.8.0 GJ 2.5.1 Kunena 1.7.2

12 years 3 months ago #190464 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: [SOLVED]: Nested tabs in CB profile
Plugin based tabs such as Guestbook, Wall, Blog (all from CB Profilebook) will not nest. The only tabs that nest are those created manually in Tab Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 days ago #200136 by marriage_minded_man
Replied by marriage_minded_man on topic Re: [SOLVED]: Nested tabs in CB profile
So I can't nest plugin tabs like UddeIM Inbox? Here is my situation. I want the inbox to be the first tab a user sees when they login to their profile. If I can't nest it under the profile tab can I have it display before the Profile tab? Can I move the Profile tab (which includes other nested tabs) down the line so the Inbox is first. I know that if I unnest everything I can change the order easily but can I nest and change the order of the main Profile tab???

12 years 5 days ago #200164 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: [SOLVED]: Nested tabs in CB profile

marriage_minded_man wrote: So I can't nest plugin tabs like UddeIM Inbox? Here is my situation. I want the inbox to be the first tab a user sees when they login to their profile. If I can't nest it under the profile tab can I have it display before the Profile tab? Can I move the Profile tab (which includes other nested tabs) down the line so the Inbox is first. I know that if I unnest everything I can change the order easily but can I nest and change the order of the main Profile tab???

Please study CB detailed guide - you can position tabs in specific areas - this might do it for you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn