[#3262] CB1.8RC Back to Profile Links going to User List

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #190829 by fader8
Since loading up CB 1.8RC, I'm noticing that if a user updates their profile, clicks save, they are taken to the user list. Also happens in other places where there are cb generated "Back to Profile" links, like on the Manage Your Connections page.

Did I toggle a setting somewhere, or do I need to toggle a setting somewhere?

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #190836 by nant
Do you have the mandatory menu item to CB published to public?

12 years 3 months ago #190839 by fader8

nant wrote: Do you have the mandatory menu item to CB published to public?

Hi Nick,
Indeed I do. A profile menu item right in the main menu, ID 20, public. I suspected that as well. I did have an alias to it (menulink) in another menu that was in a module that wasn't public, but I've since deleted that.

You can see the menu item here:
fader8.com/workshop/

I've scoured through the back end and can't see anything amiss. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5

12 years 3 months ago #190890 by fader8
Looking at the "Back to Profile " link on the "Manage Your Connections" page, it's showing the user list url:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist&Itemid=59
So it's not a redirect, it's hard linking apparently.

With "Profile Edit", clicking Cancel returns to the profile but clicking Save gets the user list.

"Update Avatar" clicking "Confirm Choice" gets the user list.

Other CB "Back to Profile" links, eg CB Invites, CB Blog, appear to work OK.

I'll PM you login info and you can try for yourself. Odd one for sure.

12 years 3 months ago #190935 by krileon
Please browse through the "trashed" menu links of your Joomla menu and empty them. CB will pull trashed links as well. Once done please check if issue is still present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190975 by fader8
Thanks for your attention, Kyle. Yes, I've diligently searched for anything that could even remotely resemble the profile item and I'm coming up dry. Could this be something that's persisting in the database?

I'm cleaning out other unused stuff, modules, components that won't be used, in case those are creating issues. So far no joy.

It's a niggly one! Site's pretty much finished except for this, so I'm staying focused on trying to resolve it. It is something that could be lived with, but you know how that goes. You never know when the issue could crop up somewhere else!

Scratching head....

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn