CB is not compatible. Admin can't edit user profil

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191062 by jwang
environment:
php: 5.3.2
joomla! 1.5.25
CB: 1.7.1

Answer from Krileon : "CB is compatible. You don't need legacy to use it. Just ignore the icon. It'll function perfectly fine without the legacy plugin being enabled. If it is absolutely necessary and bothers you then navigate to "administrator/components/com_comprofiler" and delete "comprofiler.xml" and "comprofileg.xml". Once done rename "comprofilej.xml" to "comprofiler.xml". Now copy "comprofiler.xml" to "components/com_comprofiler". That'll remove the red legacy icon, but again it doesn't matter."

Thanks for your help and advice, Krileon.

If it doesn't matter, then we need to find out why the administrators can't save or approve the users at the back end. Since we updated to CB 1.7.1, we can't approve the users or edit any user's profile and save it. For example, one user forget their password and would like to provide him/her a temporary password and we can't type in a new temporary password and save it to their profile. This brings huge problem for us.

Also, we are using CB and Juga and we didn't do any change for juga. Since we upgrade to CB 1.7.1, no users with public access(default access level) can reach their profile(front end), they have to give one more advanced access level like: Start up or mentors, so that they can edit their profile from front end.

Any help and suggestion would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Questions:
1. in Component: comprofile -- Not compatibility (message shows: this extension doesn't function natively with joomla! 1.5. it reqire Legacy mode to be ON.... Legacy mode is ON.

2. at the back end of the site, administrator can't edit or save user profile

3. Can we set up to keep all the users' status : login ?

4. Once new users log in, can we display the update/edit profile page directly to them?

Thanks

Jing

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191071 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB is n't compatable.

jwang wrote: environment:
php: 5.3.2
joomla! 1.5.25
CB: 1.7.1

Questions:
1. in Component: comprofile -- Not compatibility (message shows: this extension doesn't function natively with joomla! 1.5. it reqire Legacy mode to be ON.... Legacy mode is ON.

2. at the back end of the site, administrator can't edit or save user profile

3. Can we set up to keep all the users' status : login ?

4. Once new users log in, can we display the update/edit profile page directly to them?

Thanks

Jing

Did you perhaps upgrade from an older CB version?

Please try installing CB 1.7.1 over you existing installation (beackup first).

We also have CB on a J15 site without any legacy enabled, so it works.

12 years 2 months ago #191178 by jwang
Replied by jwang on topic Re: CB is n't compatable.
Thank you but after I reinstalled CB over the exsiting installation and it is still not compatible.

comprofiler, enabled, 1.7.1, 2011-02-11 , Beat and JoomlaJoe No compatibility

but mod_cblogin Compatibility.

12 years 2 months ago #191247 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB is n't compatable.
CB is compatible. You don't need legacy to use it. Just ignore the icon. It'll function perfectly fine without the legacy plugin being enabled. If it is absolutely necessary and bothers you then navigate to "administrator/components/com_comprofiler" and delete "comprofiler.xml" and "comprofileg.xml". Once done rename "comprofilej.xml" to "comprofiler.xml". Now copy "comprofiler.xml" to "components/com_comprofiler". That'll remove the red legacy icon, but again it doesn't matter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #191362 by jwang
Replied by jwang on topic Re: CB is n't compatable--

krileon wrote: CB is compatible. You don't need legacy to use it. Just ignore the icon. It'll function perfectly fine without the legacy plugin being enabled. If it is absolutely necessary and bothers you then navigate to "administrator/components/com_comprofiler" and delete "comprofiler.xml" and "comprofileg.xml". Once done rename "comprofilej.xml" to "comprofiler.xml". Now copy "comprofiler.xml" to "components/com_comprofiler". That'll remove the red legacy icon, but again it doesn't matter.

Thanks for your help and advice, Krileon.

If it doesn't matter, then we need to find out why the administrators can't save or approve the users at the back end. Since we updated to CB 1.7.1, we can't approve the users or edit any user's profile and save it. For example, one user forget their password and would like to provide him/her a temporary password and we can't type in a new temporary password and save it to their profile. This brings huge problem for us.

Also, we are using CB and Juga and we didn't do any change for juga. Since we upgrade to CB 1.7.1, no users with public access(default access level) can reach their profile(front end), they have to give one more advanced access level like: Start up or mentors, so that they can edit their profile from front end.

Any help and suggestion would be really appreciated.

Thanks

12 years 2 months ago #191415 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB is n't compatable--

This would be some sort of conflict. What happens when you try to edit and save someone? Blank page? Nothing happens? Please be very descriptive of what you happens. Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Once done attempt to edit and save a user again then review any on-screen errors (don't need query log at bottom of page).

No idea what Juga is so can't suggest if that'd be a problem or not. I recommend disabling it temporarily for testing purposes to see if it conflicts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn