Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Using conditional values form Date of Birth?

• mike5151
  • mike5151
12 years 3 months ago #191838 by mike5151
I have upgraded as suggested, added the revised date format to auto actions but it still doesn't work for me. I would be very grateful if you could take a few minutes to look at this and see if you can determine what error I have made. I have set up a supoer user account for you. Please indicate if this is possible and I will PM you the details.

Kind regards

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #191899 by krileon
There's nothing more I can advise. You're just comparing 2 dates. You need to place your substitution within a delimiter field so you can physically see exactly how it's going to output. You also need to test without a condition to ensure your Action is even working at all. Please provide a screenshot of your Action configuration as Nick has done in his example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mike5151
  • mike5151
12 years 3 months ago #191982 by mike5151
I have purchased a developer license to see if I can replicate the issue or determine if another component or plug-inn is causing the issue. I will revert with progress.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #191985 by krileon
If issue persists please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike5151

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #192184 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. There were a couple of issues. First you'd spelt strtotime incorrectly which resulted in it not working at all. Second you didn't apply strtotime to the value, but only to the field so the comparison would never match. Third there were 2 ] closing brackets on the field substitution so it came out as "0000-00-00]" instead of "0000-00-00". I've resolved all the issues and confirmed is now working, please also confirm is working.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• mike5151
  • mike5151
12 years 3 months ago #192217 by mike5151
Kyle

Thank you. Yes, this is working fine and I have applied the same to the real site - delighted to say it works very well there too.

If it would be helpful I shall write this up as a use case for others.

Kind regards

Mike

Moderators: beatnantkrileon