Skip to Content Skip to Menu

auto actions - redirect to URL

• mwweb
  • mwweb
12 years 3 months ago #191448 by mwweb
auto actions - redirect to URL was created by mwweb
I'm trying to set up an auto action to redirect to another page within the site. The trigger is onAfterUserRegistration. When they click the Register button, I want to to go to another page, but when I have it set up I get an error page when they click Register. I put the full URL in. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #191459 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: auto actions - redirect to URL
What's the error? Joomla version? CB version? CB Auto Actions version? Please provide a screenshot of your actions configuration. Typically the URL should begin with index.php if the URL is on-site and not external.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mwweb
  • mwweb
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #191884 by mwweb
Replied by mwweb on topic Re: auto actions - redirect to URL
Joomla 1.7, CB 1.7
Sounds like I'm putting the wrong URL in then. I didn't begin with index.php. I guess I'm unsure of how to write the URL when it's within the site.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by mwweb.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #191910 by krileon
The URL looks fine in the PDF, but I don't see an Access selected (recommend "Everybody"). It's also not published. You've still not provided the error you're seeing however so can better understand what maybe happening.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mwweb
  • mwweb
12 years 3 months ago #191919 by mwweb
Replied by mwweb on topic Re: auto actions - redirect to URL
Should I not have Everybody selected?
I just tried it with All Non-Registered Users selected and got the same error message.

(I had it unpublished when I sent the screen shot to you because of the error message I was getting. I didn't want people to get that so I only publish it when I'm testing it.)

Anyway, here's the error message.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #191926 by krileon

Should I not have Everybody selected?
I just tried it with All Non-Registered Users selected and got the same error message.

You should select "Everybody".

Anyway, here's the error message.

Nothing to do with CB Auto Actions. Your redirect won't work because you've a fatal error present. It looks like you've some sort of Joomla contacts synchronization plugin that is trying to add a user to Joomla contacts that already exists. Try registering with a different name or finding that extension in Joomla plugin manager and disable it.

A good way to to test an action is to use the after login trigger and simply login. This helps you quickly test if it's working or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mwweb

Moderators: beatnantkrileon