[SOLVED] Problem with CB 1.8 RC/RC2 and uddeim

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191978 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Re: Problem with CB 1.8 RC/RC2 and uddeim
It was apparently a double COMPONENT installation (both in Site and Administrator) that made the above error, so after uninstalling all UDDEIM components and modules, and reinstalling them, I don't see the error with the CB produced uddeim plugin, but mails sent out from the system (notifications about mails waiting) are not formatted with correct danish characters, whereas they are in the UDDEIM produced plugin.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191996 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with CB 1.8 RC/RC2 and uddeim
Could you be more specific as to what message is being sent that isn't properly showing characters? CB doesn't send any of UddeIMs notifications and those are handled entirely by UddeIM. Only Quick Message and internal messages such as those form GJ are first sent through CBs plugin or anything using CBs API (such as Kunena if configured to use CB for PMS).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #191998 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Re: Problem with CB 1.8 RC/RC2 and uddeim
Well, there is some sort of coincidence happening, it's the email notification that's sent out from UddeIM if you are not logged in, reminding users that there are messages waiting.
The behaviour in this email is different depending on which CB plugin is used.
It's not a CB problem, I just state the reason for using UddeIM's own plugin, rather than CB's.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

12 years 2 months ago #192003 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with CB 1.8 RC/RC2 and uddeim
So the reminder has the message body included (configurable from UddeIM backend) and is the message received one from GJ or say Quick Message? This could be a problem with the cleaning in CBs integration which passes the message to UddeIM and stores to database as CB has provided. Need to know where the message was sent from (directly from UddeIM, GJ, Quick Message, etc..). Reminder of course is always sent from UddeIM, but depending on where the PM was sent from could determine how it was stored to database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #197622 by essiele
Replied by essiele on topic Re: Problem with CB 1.8 RC/RC2 and uddeim
I was getting the same error message... after reading this post, I checked and both plugins were indeed enabled. I disabled the non-UddeIM plugin and it seems to be ok.

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn