User Registration + AutoSync Joomla Users ->CB DB

12 years 2 months ago #191832 by jeremymcs
I have submitted a ticket in hopes of getting an answer, but apparently the person who responds to those is not a developer, so I'm posting here in hopes of a solid response.

I do not like the way CB registers & activates users for starters. The forms are hideous and not easily customizable. My dilemma .. I would like to use my current themes registration and activation options, not CB's. It all around looks better. The user can register & activate without a problem. The issue is when they try to click the My Profile section, they get an error saying they are not authorized. This is because they are not "activated" in the CB table. I can fix this by Tools > Synchronize Users. Now my question on the ticket was .. How do I run this "Synchronize Users" option when a new user activates their account? I looked at CB Auto Actions, but could not find a way to do it. I also noticed that their is a randomly generated "cbsecurity" key that is appended to the URL.

I would simply like to auto-activate the user in the CB db once they have activated in the joomla db; then i kick them over to their profile, to update a few fields I would like to capture.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191887 by krileon
You must use CBs registration, no exceptions. Not using it causes CB to be significantly out of sync. The same applies for CBs login. If you wish to not use it then we can't really help you as you'll need to develop a Joomla user plugin that'll synchronize Joomla to CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #191888 by jeremymcs
Then why is their an option to "synchronize users" .. does this not fix the out-of-sync issue?

12 years 2 months ago #191911 by krileon
Because people don't always start out with CB installed. They could have an established Joomla install for over a year and suddenly want CB. At that point they'd need to synchronize their users.

Yes it fixes out of sync issues, but it's not meant to be ran over and over because you choose not to use CB as designed and as instructed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn