12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191863 by alias12
Hi there,

first of all this is what I installed:

• Joomla 1.7.5
  • CB 1.8RC2
  • CBSubs 1.3.0RC1
  • com_adsmanager
  • plug_admanager-tab
(... besides a number of other extensions without importance in this case).

Everything is working the way it should as far as I can judge by now. CBSubs is only installed but not set up yet. Before I start doing this I have to consider the following task:

Via the adsmanager component the site provides a small flea market for all registered users. They can offer or seek items in different categories. This works fine.

Next approach is to provide a market-place for subscribers where they can offer/seek business services. No problem, so far. The key point is that these ads may never be displayed next to the ads of the flea market, neither for 'normal' registrated users nor for subscribers. Subscribers should see ONLY the flea market entries when they visit this menu item and ONLY the service ads should displayed to them in this particular section. There must be a strict division in two areas. Do you understand what I mean?

'Please ask the guys at joomprod.com' might be the correct answer. Please be assured: I got over that! No idea.

So my question is: Is there an opportunity to manage the adsmanager views via subscription plan? Or should I use a second component for the service ads? (Is there another one available that can access to CB user data anyway?)

Thank you for ideas or suggestions!
(and sorry for my limited language skills)

alias12

Joomla 2.5.6
CB 1.8.1
CBSubs 2.0.2
Who is the brown-haired girl in the right corner at bottom of this page?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191906 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Categorised Ads: Separated areas
First please keep in mind CBSubs can not add features that do not exist in another extension. As far as segregating entries It maybe possible if you have 2 different pages (Joomla menu links?) that display 1 category and the other displays the other category. You could then protect that Joomla menu link with CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alias12

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192035 by alias12
Replied by alias12 on topic Re: Categorised Ads: Separated areas

krileon wrote: As far as segregating entries It maybe possible if you have 2 different pages (Joomla menu links?) that display 1 category and the other displays the other category. You could then protect that Joomla menu link with CBSubs.

This is what I did, but via the pathway all categories were visible and accessible. So I clipped the first part of the pathway in all views and now it works as expected.

Thank You!

Joomla 2.5.6
CB 1.8.1
CBSubs 2.0.2
Who is the brown-haired girl in the right corner at bottom of this page?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn