CBSubs invoicing address

12 years 2 months ago #191867 by akasharkbow
CBSubs invoicing address was created by akasharkbow
Joomla 1.5
CB 1.7.1
CBSubs 1.2.2

Hi there

I am having trouble getting the appropriate invoice address values for state and country to be passed along in CBSubs.

This is what I am trying to achieve:

- user fills in mailing address in CB registration, using drop-down menus of country and state/province names. I'd like these to be formatted as the post office requires (which is different from the field names / values used in the tax settings file)

- these values need to be passed along to the invoice in a manner such that they can be used in tax calculations

If someone can please advise how I can get these to mesh I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191907 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs invoicing address
You can pass field values to the invoice values, but they have to be a 1 to 1 match. For example CBSubs drop-down uses "US" for the country. Your CB field must also have the value of "US" or it won't be able to synchronize across. You can of course change this to whatever you want within the below file, but it may cause problems with Tax usage for geo matching; can't say for sure.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/xml/edit.front.invoice.xml

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192016 by akasharkbow
Replied by akasharkbow on topic Re: CBSubs invoicing address
Thanks krileon

Just so I am clear, which list of values am I supposed to be using? In CBSubs, the dropdown country menu in the Tax plugin does not show "US", it shows "United States".

Do my values need to match the "country_iso_code2" values in the cbsubs.tax.xml file (this shows "US" for the United States)? And - similarly - would provinces therefore need to show the "province_iso_code"?

I hope that is not the case because they are not abbreviations that many users would be accustomed to (eg CA-AB for the Canadian province of Alberta). Please let me know how it might be possible to show "nice" values to users - while still maintaining tax functionality.

I suspect I am misunderstanding, and I'm grateful for your help!

12 years 2 months ago #192037 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs invoicing address
CBSubs values are what you'll need to use. CBSubs uses "US" as value and "United States" is just the title. See the file in my previous reply for proper structuring of your CB field. Note CB field does not support Value => Name. You'll need to set the values to the values of CBSubs usage (US, etc..) then translate them in cbteamsplugins (e.g. 'US' => 'United States',) to display as CBSubs does.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn