Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Uploading Avatar Images

12 years 2 months ago #192943 by scottie33t
Replied by scottie33t on topic Re: Uploading Avatar Images
Hi, any idea what causes this error at registration. I does this about 20 percent of the time, not sure what could be causing it:

i44.tinypic.com/2u4781i.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #192971 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Uploading Avatar Images
You've some sort of Joomla Contact synchronization plugin. Basically it's creating a Joomla Contact for the user after they register. The problem is Joomla Contacts a name based, which are not unique and someone can register with same name as another user. Check Joomla plugin manager as it's either a system or user plugin. It maybe a 3rd party CB plugin as well in CB > Plugin Management. Can't say for sure as error doesn't include callstack so no idea exact location it's coming from.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #193200 by scottie33t
Thank you Kyle. Yes the name is already in use" error appears to be a glitch inside Joomla and not Community Builder's software. Apparently this is a known glitch with Joomla's User - Contact Creator. I simply turned it off/disabled it and I haven't had any more reports of this error. Thanks again.

I'm getting closer. The last issue that seems to cause a lot of failed user registrations is the users simply can't read the captcha (especially older users) and they just get frustrated by it. Is it possible for me to change the captcha settings somewhere to make it easier to read?

I tried to explain the audio version is also available, but many don't appear to have the software to play it. I know this sounds obvious, but many of my new users are older and not very computer savvy so I need to make it as easy as possible for them.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #193291 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Uploading Avatar Images

I'm getting closer. The last issue that seems to cause a lot of failed user registrations is the users simply can't read the captcha (especially older users) and they just get frustrated by it. Is it possible for me to change the captcha settings somewhere to make it easier to read?

If you're using CB Captcha you can fully customize it from number of characters, type of characters, and even the size of their font within CB > Plugin Management > CB Captcha.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #193332 by scottie33t
Thanks so much Kyle! I can't believe I missed that. I guess there are so many features in Community Builder, sometimes it's easy to get lost where to change all these settings.. :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon