Facebook Connect and Windows Live Not Working

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192249 by mikenicoll87
Facebook Connect and Windows Live Not Working was created by mikenicoll87
Hello,

I am trying to get my Registration working for Facebook and Windows Live integration. Twitter and Google seem to work fine but I can't get Live and FB to work.

Site is www.beactivefeelbetter.ca

Also do I need to do additional setup in the plugin to make it properly record user emails etc?

Any documentation other than the "Help" section?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192251 by mikenicoll87
Replied by mikenicoll87 on topic Re: Facebook Connect and Windows Live Not Working
Fixed by changing the "www." in both

12 years 2 months ago #192252 by mikenicoll87
Replied by mikenicoll87 on topic Re: Facebook Connect and Windows Live Not Working
To add to this.

How do you make the "login" modules for each application appear to the right of the standard login. It makes the login panel very long by default.

I have tried Compact but I would prefer to just move them. Is this just a CSS edit or is it integrated somehow.

12 years 2 months ago #192281 by krileon
Where they are is where the API renders them. The only way to move them is by CSS or by editing the module directly. As you're using CB Connect and if is latest version you can use the compact buttons which you can configure within CB Connect configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192359 by mikenicoll87
Good to know.

Any chance you know what CSS line I would have to input in the css module. I have been trying a few but I am new to CSS.

Also, how do I implement all the other cool features like Live Feed into my site. I don't see anything in the help section. I tried creating a CB Field but how can I assign the feed to the front page?

12 years 2 months ago #192471 by krileon

Any chance you know what CSS line I would have to input in the css module. I have been trying a few but I am new to CSS.

You've a couple of options. For example the buttons are surrounded with a DIV added by CB and all 3 have the same class. So you could use "mod_login_plugin_afterButton" class to adjust all 3 buttons simultaneously. However, CB Connect it self adds its own classes to its own DIVs surrounding the buttons that are individual if you want to style them individually for example using "fbc_button_bg", "twitter_button_bg", and "windowslive_button_bg" classes. I'd need some sort of diagram or maybe an image where you moved them in the image to provide CSS as don't understand where you want them exactly.

Also, how do I implement all the other cool features like Live Feed into my site. I don't see anything in the help section. I tried creating a CB Field but how can I assign the feed to the front page?

Joomla I believe comes with an RSS Reader module so you could use that. Otherwise you need to check Joomla.org for an RSS Reader extension to display RSS feeds on your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn