Possible to Not Include Top Plan?

12 years 2 months ago #192428 by tarzan
Possible to Not Include Top Plan? was created by tarzan
Hi,

Okay, I have 4 Parent Plans that each have many children - done this way for a clean presentation.

The child plans are hidden.

The Parents are actually being utilized as place holders so they're free.
My issue is that in order for a user to purchase a child plan they of course must select the parent - which means their invoice includes the parent plan. It's included in their current membership plans in the front end, and it also shows up in the backend under "Subscriptions" which can be confusing to the user.

Is it possible to set up an auto action or query or condition that will not include (or hide) parents during the payment process?

Or if that's not possible, not include/hide the parent in the invoice, frontend, etc?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192489 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Possible to Not Include Top Plan?
On the Pricing tab of your parent plans you can try setting "Payment item text:" and "Payment processor item text (short):" to blank, _UE_BLANK, or maybe even  . I believe this may remove the name of the plan from the invoice page, but the row will probably still show (didn't test it). You can remove the plan from profile by using CSS (use firebug for firefox to inspect it for its CSS class/ID).

Parent plans are not categories however and really shouldn't be used as such. The best approach is to just style your subscriptions using CSS to make them more visually appealing as a user must have the parent plan in order to have the child plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192531 by tarzan
Replied by tarzan on topic Re: Possible to Not Include Top Plan?
Hi Krileon,

Okay, I'll give it a shot.
Perhaps in future releases, placing plans in categories, such as in my case could be considered. I'm sure I'm not the only one that needs this kind of feature.

Cheers

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn