CB Connect for registration rather than login/link

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #193933 by lockr
I'm hoping someone can help me get the registration process sorted:

1. I'd like to encourage people to register using their facebook/twitter logins. At the moment I see the facebook sign in button under the login screen, but no indication that the first steps of registration can be done with facebook. It only presents the fields for the on-site registration method. In the backend CB Connect plug-in configuration, I have registration enabled and kind of works- I just want to streamline the process, as it's a bit clumsy ATM.

1.1. Pressing the log in button BEFORE registering gives me CBPaid Debug Message
USER ERROR: cbpaid:onAfterUserRegistration: No free plan but no plan chosen !

Nb. I don't want people to be able to avoid choosing a membership package. What settings do I need to change?

NOTE: Browsing back and hitting the facebook sign-in button for a second time does present the different cbsubs plans from which to choose from. Choosing one links me to the plan but I still have to press 'facebook sign in' for a third time to actually get signed in!

What I'd like is:
(1) User chooses something along the lines of 'Register using Facebook' which would appear on the registration form, which gets them to authorise the app with facebook, then
(2) They choose their membership plan and make payment, and
(3) the user is redirected to their profile without having to log in again.

Can this be done by tweaking settings alone?

Regards
Andy

site is: www.getlockr.com. You'll see what I mean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194056 by krileon

Can this be done by tweaking settings alone?

No, CB Connect isn't designed for such an environment. You need to offer a free plan or allow free registrations that users can be placed in. It seams CBSubs is checking the registration trigger to validate their plan selection, which is not present with CB Connect registrations. Ideally they should be presented with a page to select their plan after login, but the after registration trigger check in CBsubs appears to be preventing that from working right. What version of CB and CBSubs are you using?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #194200 by lockr
I'm using the latest version of all extensions:
Joomla 2.5.2
CB 1.8RC2
CB Subs 1.3.0 RC1

Any ideas? This would be a really nice thing to get working

12 years 1 month ago #194246 by krileon

CB 1.8RC2

Please upgrade to CB 1.8 as stable release is available in Advanced downloads section.

CB Connect has no integration with CBSubs (it's encoded and API is not yet public) so I can't guarantee they'll behave well with one another. CB Connect is designed to promote a 1 click sign in and free environment. So requiring a subscription is likely not going to work well with it. Will review further for possible future release, but currently how it works is finalized.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lockr

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn