[SOLVED] Some mousing irregularities on Registration Page

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194017 by austega
test.sag.org.au/joining/join-us-now.html - ie the registration page. I have two exclusive subscription plans and an optional donation plan.

J1.5.25
CB1.8.0RC2
CBS1.3.0RC1

A tester has reported (and I have confirmed using Chrome 17, IE9 and FF10 on Win7 64b) the following anomalous behaviour
---
I have noticed some odd behaviour with the Donation checkbox:
• The form opens with Donation unchecked & $50 showing in the drop-down list – OK
• I was able to click to the right of the drop-down list (in blank space) – which turned on Donation – this was unexpected
• HOWEVER, I was not able to click in the same spot to turn off Donation – I had to click on the word Donation or the checkbox to turn it off – this was confusing
---

Is this anomalous behaviour manageable in the configuration or are there any workarounds? If so how?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194096 by krileon
Confirmed bug. Seams toggling of plan selection is 1 way when clicking the whitespace. Have created bug ticket #3343 for further investigation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #194100 by beat
That is implemented that way on purpose, to simplify selecting a plan, but avoiding unselecting it by mistake, when people click on description text while reading it (some users do that...)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 1 month ago #194161 by austega
Thanks for the quick responses.

In my view it would be better 1. for there to be consistency in the click areas that turns the selection on and off, and 2. for the click area not to include the white-space adjacent to the label.

In the immediate term, can you confirm that this is not a behaviour that can be controlled by configuration at our end, ie that it is not something we can control or work around?

12 years 1 month ago #194165 by beat
This behavior is controlled by the Javascript. The Javascript is released in full source-code format in the release. Search for "paidsubsClickDescription" in cbpaidsubscription.js for the code for that.

In Joomla debug mode that file is used, and in non-debug the minified file cbpaidsubscription.min.js (you can copy cbpaidsubscription.js to the min.js file if needed.

That's something that will evolve, so you'll need to make your changes at each upgrade.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 1 month ago #194168 by austega
Thanks again. That is probably not an ongoing code-tweaking/maintenance task that I would want to establish for my client.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn