CB Connect Questions

12 years 1 month ago #194225 by raniko
CB Connect Questions was created by raniko
Hello, I have a few questions that I'd like to understand prior to usiing CB Connect:

1) Will the current version work on j2.5?

2) I am using CB Subs 1.3rc1, j1.7.5 and cb1.8... Will cb subs cause any problems with the CB connect registration process?

3) I have 4 categories that people can register into, each category having a unique profile and registration process. Each category has 2 plans associated with it, a pay plan and a premium plan.
3a) If I allow people to registered via linkedin, twitter and fbook, will they only be able to register for the free plans?
3b) Can I set up different CB Connect registration processes for each category? Meaning, if someone wants to register for plan 1, certain linked in fields get copied over, if they want to register for plan 2 a different set of fields would get copied, etc. etc.

4) Do the required fields at registration need to be incorporated into the fields that are copied over? Meaning, would I need to change the way my normal registration works to coincide with the available fields on the various social networks?

I think these answers will help me understand how I need to proceed. Let me know if you need any clarification.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194254 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connect Questions

1) Will the current version work on j2.5?

Yes.

2) I am using CB Subs 1.3rc1, j1.7.5 and cb1.8... Will cb subs cause any problems with the CB connect registration process?

Yes and no. If you allow free registrations then no. Otherwise yes it may affected the workflows.

3) I have 4 categories that people can register into, each category having a unique profile and registration process. Each category has 2 plans associated with it, a pay plan and a premium plan.
3a) If I allow people to registered via linkedin, twitter and fbook, will they only be able to register for the free plans?

CB Connect registers then directly logs them in. They bypass registration entirely so no they can't select a plan until after registration.

3b) Can I set up different CB Connect registration processes for each category? Meaning, if someone wants to register for plan 1, certain linked in fields get copied over, if they want to register for plan 2 a different set of fields would get copied, etc. etc.

No.

4) Do the required fields at registration need to be incorporated into the fields that are copied over? Meaning, would I need to change the way my normal registration works to coincide with the available fields on the various social networks?

No, whatever fields aren't populated they'll need to populated at profile update.

I think these answers will help me understand how I need to proceed. Let me know if you need any clarification.

I recommend simply trying it out as it couldn't possibly hurt anything to give it a test except for a little loss in time. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds