Membership channeling

12 years 1 month ago #194338 by lockr
Membership channeling was created by lockr
I have a specific use case that I'd like input on:

I am creating a site with several types of members, but only one type of membership should be an option when public users come to join up through the CB Subs Registration process.

Coaches: This is a usertype I have set up in Joomla's ACL, and I want the different 'Coach' type plans to be the only publicly selectable membership plans at registration. There are no free packages (though maybe free trials) and no registration without a package.

Partners: These users will use the site for its iDev affiliate integration, awarding them points for referring new coach members using coupons combining iDev/CB Subs coupons. I want partners to be able to register through a separate process (requiring a passcode to restrict applications) where none of the coaching cb subs accounts are selectable, and the coaching package is chosen automatically (and without even being seen in fact). This user becomes a user of 'Partner' Joomla usertype.

-I'll use a Chronoforms custom form to register these users as (1) Partner Joomla member (2) CB/Comprofiler member and (3) Partner CB Subs plan 'Coach' (not publicly accessible). I assume that if I manually run the database inserts through a custom form that CB Subs will not block it because I've set NO to 'Allow new registrations'. Can I override CB models in my form to avoid replicating all the database updates?

Athletes: These users cannot be registered by the public. These members are registered by existing coaches to provide accounts for their players. Again, a chronoforms form that assigns a user of Athlete joomla usertype, and 'Athlete' CB Subs plan (Again, set to NO in 'Allow new registrations')

Assistants: These will be another user type only to be created by existing coach type members. See above. (I'll be hooking up different sharing functionality between these member types, but that's a matter for another post.)

Can anyone offer advice on how to best sidetrack the usual registration process to appoint users to 'unselectable' CB Subs plans?

Many thanks- all input appreciated!

Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194357 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Membership channeling

-I'll use a Chronoforms custom form to register these users as

No, you can't do this. No exceptions you must use CB registration or your workflow will not work properly and nor will CB.

I recommend just using normal CB registration with CBSubs and set your plans to Exclusive so only 1 can be selected at a time. You can add users to usergroups based off plan selection on the workflows tab of your plans. If you choose note to use CBs registration I can not help you any further as your install is basically broken.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #194409 by lockr
Replied by lockr on topic Re: Membership channeling
Got it, no subverting the CB Subs registration process.

Any ideas how I can implement a system where an existing logged in user can create another free user. These users are different individuals from the registered user (Think of a coach adding all his athletes), and these new users can then log into the site with their own logins without ever having to register (because their coach has done it for them).

I don't want athletes being able to register from the front end for their own 'athletes' account. The 'athletes' option should only be available to coaches registering (multiple) new accounts for their athletes.

Which raises an additional question. When CB Subs is in place, is it possible for an administrator to add a new member and assign them to a plan all from the back end?

Thanks for your clarification on this. I don't want to break CB Subs, but I will need to extend it as much as possible.

12 years 1 month ago #194413 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Membership channeling

Any ideas how I can implement a system where an existing logged in user can create another free user.

No, not without logging out and going through normal registration processes. Other alternative is from backend.

When CB Subs is in place, is it possible for an administrator to add a new member and assign them to a plan all from the back end?

Yup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lockr

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn