iDev integration- confusing

12 years 1 month ago #194368 by lockr
iDev integration- confusing was created by lockr
I am a little confused by integration with iDev

I have CB, CB Subs and I'm integrating it with iDev

I have installed and confugired the CB Subs plug-in for iDev, which I understand allows me to assign iDev points to affiliates when users who they have brought to the site join and pay. If I can get that working, it sounds great, but I do have a big concern which someone who is familiar with both CB Subs and iDev might be able to shed light on.

Using the Joomla iDev plug-in (I know, nothing to do with you) is meant to allow new Joomla members to be automatically generated an iDev affiliate account. In the CB Subs manual, it says:
"If you do not have the iDevAffiliate system (for Joomla) installed on your website, then there is no need to proceed with the installation of this integration plugin."

I can only assume that when you say "iDevAffiliate system (for Joomla)" you mean an installation of the iDev script in a sub-folder and along with iDev's Joomla plug-in? (Correct me if 'iDevAffiliate system (for Joomla)' is something else )
The issue is that replicating membership between Joomla and iDev doesn't work when someone joins using the CB/CB Subs registration process.

This from an email from Jim Webster at iDev support:
That Joomla plugin does not support Community Builder for auto-account creation, it never has. It supports auto-account creation for the stock Joomla signup form and the Virtuemart signup form

What a ridiculous situation! I believe you are misleading users in your documentation. Surely using both the iDev Joomla plug-in and the CB Plug-in together is never going to work, because if you are using CB Subs you're not going to be using the joomla sign-up process.

What exactly is going on?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194393 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: iDev integration- confusing
We've nothing to do with the Joomla iDevAffiliate plugin that iDevAffiliate provides. I'm not sure where our documentation has confused you, but all our CBSubs integration does is give commission to affiliates who make purchases within CBSubs. It has nothing to do with making users who register affiliates, nor does it state anywhere that it does.

For example an affiliate has an affiliate URL to your site. Say someone clicks that link. Say that someone registers and makes a purchase. The affiliate who sent them to your site would then be given commissions within iDevAffiliate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn