Error

Please login first

Load CB css sooner- fix jumping

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #194717 by lockr
Load CB css sooner- fix jumping was created by lockr
The styling for all of my CB pages jumps when it's first loaded, as if the style sheets are late to be included. The content first appears unformatted and then a second later is formatted according to the style sheet. Is this something others have experienced, and how did they fix it?

http://XXXXX

username: XXXX
password: XXX

Thanks
Andy

[mod note: edited post to hide credentials !!!]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194782 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Load CB css sooner- fix jumping
CSS loads in with the HTML, it's all 1 loading operation. What you're likely seeing is JS load delay, which doesn't load until the page completely loads. The tabs are purely JS based so their display isn't present until the page completely loads. There's no fixing this, that's just how HTML/CSS/JS loading works. You can speed up the process by profiling your site and see what's taking forever to load.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lockr

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194878 by lockr
Replied by lockr on topic Re: Load CB css sooner- fix jumping
Thanks for that krileon.

Could you point me in the right direction for 'profiling' the site. Do you mean page speed, merging/zipping css/js? that type of thing?

I'm not a fan of the way profiles are arranged/templated in any case. I was wondering if there was any way to view individual tabs in the profile on their own and access the sections of the profile (that would otherwise be arranged in tabs) through joomla menu links? That would give me much more freedom to control each part of the profile, without needing to have tabs for all sections showing on every screen.
ie. When viewing contact info, I don't have my avatar shown, but when viewing another tab 'Basic info' I do. Kinda like creating a separate 'template' for each main section where I can place fields in particular positions and leave out other tabs.

That would presumably also reduce the need for these troublesome javascript menus. Of course I don't want to bypass the sharing/privacy settings of the profile system.

What do you think? Can I do this? Any examples you can give of profile customisation would be very interesting

12 years 1 month ago #194881 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Load CB css sooner- fix jumping

Could you point me in the right direction for 'profiling' the site. Do you mean page speed, merging/zipping css/js? that type of thing?

Review the Net tab of Firefox to see what takes forever to load and what doesn't load at all. Other browsers tools such as IE and Chrome have a profiler to see functions, files, etc.. speed.

I was wondering if there was any way to view individual tabs in the profile on their own and access the sections of the profile (that would otherwise be arranged in tabs) through joomla menu links?

Well you can append &tab=TAB_ID to a profile URL to select a tab on profile view, but it's not what you're wanting. Beyond that no.

That would give me much more freedom to control each part of the profile, without needing to have tabs for all sections showing on every screen.
ie. When viewing contact info, I don't have my avatar shown, but when viewing another tab 'Basic info' I do. Kinda like creating a separate 'template' for each main section where I can place fields in particular positions and leave out other tabs.

What do you think?

You're wanting different profile layouts based off URL? As far as I am aware you can't do this without developing a plugin to provide such a feature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn