[SOLVED] iDev plug-in

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194770 by lockr
[SOLVED] iDev plug-in was created by lockr
I'm a bit lost with iDev implementation. Could someone give me some guidance?

I have iDev installed on a folder of the same server but how to implement my use case, I'm lost:

I intent to allow affiliates to offer certain discounts on subscription plans and get different returns:
eg. $30 reg price 10% discount: Price to customer $27 Commission to affiliate: $7
eg. $30 reg price 20% discount: Price to customer $24 Commission to affiliate: $4
eg. $30 reg price 30% discount: Price to customer $21 Commission to affiliate: $1

What I need:
1) Different promotions set up in CB Subs offering discount rates for each membership plan.
2) Somehow for these discount rates to be pre-selected depending on the landing page of the potential subscriber (or some other way??) so that the discount is evident from the start of the registration process.-this is the main challenge.
3) For these discounts not be visible for users who didn't come to the site via an affiliate.
4) To pass the discount used in a hidden field through the iDev CBSubs plug-in

Your guidance is appreciated

Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194790 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: iDev plug-in

1) Different promotions set up in CB Subs offering discount rates for each membership plan.
2) Somehow for these discount rates to be pre-selected depending on the landing page of the potential subscriber (or some other way??) so that the discount is evident from the start of the registration process.-this is the main challenge.
3) For these discounts not be visible for users who didn't come to the site via an affiliate.

Don't think you can have a discount conditioned based off iDev. Best I can suggest is create a coupon with a code and provide it to each affiliate for a specific discount. Your affiliates can then give that coupon to users.

4) To pass the discount used in a hidden field through the iDev CBSubs plug-in

CBSubs 1.3.0 RC2 should respect promotions applied when calculating commissions now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194855 by lockr
Replied by lockr on topic Re: iDev plug-in
My idea was to create matching coupon codes in iDev and CB Subs. In iDev, the code would set the commission amount and in CB Subs the code would set the discount on subscription.

My idea was to create a function in iDev that combines each coupon code with their affiliate ID to create an individualised coupon code for each affiliate automtically. Something like TENOFF-BOBBY (Ten percent off price linked to affiliate Bobby). This is all iDev side, so not about CB Subs.

What needs to happen on CB Subs side:
When a user arrives at the landing page through a URL containing the coupon code a few things happen:
-A function breaks the code into the discount code (recognised by CB Subs later) and the affiliate code (to be sent back to iDev at the end). These two bits of data are stored in a session
-A message on the page confirms the discount available to them
-If the user registers, a function looks for an affiliate and coupon code in the session. If they are present, they are entered into hidden fields, and these two bits of data are sent back to iDev after successful payment through the iDev plugin.
-During registration, if no affiliate and coupon code are found in the session then a coupon field will be presented to the user which if populated breaks them down into an affiliate and coupon code as above.

What do you think? Do I have any chance of getting such a thing to work?

Andy

12 years 1 month ago #194890 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: iDev plug-in

My idea was to create matching coupon codes in iDev and CB Subs. In iDev, the code would set the commission amount and in CB Subs the code would set the discount on subscription.

Our CBSubs iDevAffiliate integration takes the purchase price and gives commission based off that. The commission is configured in iDevAffiliate though. So I suppose you could give each affiliate say 2% commission or 10% commission, etc.. Wouldn't need a coupon for that.

My idea was to create a function in iDev that combines each coupon code with their affiliate ID to create an individualised coupon code for each affiliate automtically. Something like TENOFF-BOBBY (Ten percent off price linked to affiliate Bobby). This is all iDev side, so not about CB Subs.

Coupons are created in CBSubs Promotions. iDevAffiliate has no integration with such a plugin. I suppose you could use a database query to create a coupon, but I don't recommend direct database additions/edits when using CBSubs.

What do you think? Do I have any chance of getting such a thing to work?

CBSubs doesn't recognize coupons from URLs. What you could do is use CB Auto Actions to grab the coupon from the URL (get_VARIABLE) and store it to a field using after registration trigger. Then apply a coupon based off that field. CBSubs Promotions supports conditions so you'd be able to condition off that coupon field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lockr

12 years 1 month ago - 11 years 10 months ago #195819 by lockr
Replied by lockr on topic Re: iDev plug-in
Sorry to bring this back up, but I'm still trying to figure out the best way to manage this.
I'm unsure of exactly what URL parameters are passed back to iDev in a CB Subs transaction. Can you clarify for me please.

I have set up a 'per product commission' in iDev (I assume that's the method) and set the price and commission rate. According to the iDev docs, this should be in a '&products_purchased=' parameter. I assume CB Subs sends the plan id not the name?? eg. &products_purchased=4 not &products_purchased=basicplan.
Can you confirm that there is nothing I need to do in this scenario within CB Subs to ID the affiliate who referred the user (as this is done through cookies on the shoppers computer placed through the link provided by the affiliate)?

I have also created corresponding 'coupons' in CB Subs and iDev. The purpose will be this:
-The coupon code will be entered as usual by the user in CB Subs at payment, and CB Subs will apply a 10/20/30% discount depending on the code.
-I somehow pass this code as one of the parameters within the iDev plug-in. iDev recognises this code and assigns the appropriate commission (I have this set up). In order to do this, can you tell me:
-How I pass the coupon code as a parameter (as it's not a #__comprofiler field), and
-The parameter that iDev is expecting for this code is '&coupon_code='. I'm assuming that I need to create a hidden field in cb field manager and use a auto action to get the coupon code entered in there??? I assume the url parameter sent to iDev is the field name, so how can I make this coupon_code instead of cb_coupon_code (I assume if I add it directly using phpmyadmin, this won't cause any issues with getting it to work with auto actions or being able to select it as a parameter within the CB Subs iDev plug-in configuration).
Your guidance (as always) is appreciated.

Andy

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn