[SOLVED] origin_mismatch on Google Login

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #195093 by aquadir
Updated CB Connect to latest version 3.1.
Followed instructions to login to the Google API Console, created a project, created an OAutho 2.0 client ID, etc. and entered a Client ID, Client Secret and API Key and enabled it.
The Google login button shows up, but when you click on it, you receive a popup with the following message:
Error: origin_mismatch

Please see attached snapshot.

Running CB 1.9 on Joomla 1.5.23

How can I resolve this issue?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #195151 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: origin_mismatch on Google Login
You didn't configure your Facebook API properly (you need to configure the JS domains, this is instructed within the Help section) or you're viewing your site from a URL that is not approved.

If you configure your application for www.example.com you can not view your site at example.com. This applies to Facebook and the other connect sites as well. They're very strict on the domain of execution.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195437 by aquadir
Replied by aquadir on topic Re: origin_mismatch on Google Login
I got confused with your response, initially. I believe you mean "Google" instead of "Facebook". Now, I've resolved the problem.
Thanks.

12 years 1 month ago #195540 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: origin_mismatch on Google Login
Yeah I meant Google, but same issue; lol. Was a long week..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn