ratingfields

12 years 1 month ago #195217 by astier
ratingfields was created by astier
Hi!
I am using the rating fields plugin.
How can I do to only allow admins to rate the users?
I need admins to be able to rate and change the users´ reputation.

thxs!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #195295 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: ratingfields
Given it's AJAX I'm not quite sure you can. Typically you'd use CB Privacy to disable the edit mode of a field, but don't believe this will work for the rating fields AJAX. It's worth a try though. This is done by having CB Privacy installed, published, and public. Once done edit the field in CB > Field Management and adjust "Front-end edit:" as necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195318 by astier
Replied by astier on topic Re: ratingfields
cool!
I am not sure I understood anything below "Given it´s AJAX" but I will give it a try and let you know how it went.

thxs!

12 years 1 month ago #195330 by astier
I Installed CB privacy and set the front end edit but it didn´t work.
Any idea?
Maybe you can give me a clue to try to find out where to change this. I mean, maybe there is some code to change: Could you tell me what should I do so I can ask a friend that is a coder but never worked with joomla and CB? Of course, if this is something possible.

regards,

Astier

12 years 1 month ago #195331 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: ratingfields
As explained in my previous post that likely won't work for the AJAX usage (clicking the stars) and only if you edited the field in profile edit. Don't believe you can have what you're wanting without modification to the plugin directly so the AJAX only functions for moderators.

Another option is to create sort of a fake rating field using a radio button. Then using a delimiter field with IF statements to display it on profile. You'd protect it with CB Privacy so moderators only could edit the field.

Aside from that nothing more I can advise as the rating field doesn't have permissions for the AJAX usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #195396 by astier

Another option is to create sort of a fake rating field using a radio button. Then using a delimiter field with IF statements to display it on profile. You'd protect it with CB Privacy so moderators only could edit the field.

Ok, I will try that.
I don´t know what you mean with "using a delimiter field with IF statements to display it on profile". Can you give an example or something? I am not a coder so I do my best, :dry:

EDIT: I found the delimiter field. Can you explain me what this is for (or point me to some documentation on it)? Can you give me an example of the use of the IF statement in these fields? am I beign a pain in the... head?

thanks,

astier

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds