Solution for progress bar when uploading images

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #195404 by onlinesince79
I am looking for a way to implement a progress bar (barber shop style loading bar), or percentage (or even a simple spinning animation!) for image fields when a user is uploading an image, also for uploading a avatar.

At present there is no visual feedback and the user just has to wait.

Many thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #195514 by krileon
Image uploads aren't AJAX based. It does a standard HTML form post resulting in a page load. Don't see the purpose of this unless it was AJAX as their browser has a loading bar and a spinner.

With release of CB 2.0 we'll have significantly more AJAX and of course will have loaders.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195521 by onlinesince79
Replied by onlinesince79 on topic Re: Solution for progress bar when uploading images
Hi Krileon,

I understand the uploads arent Ajax, i just need some visual feedback as not all users look at their loading bar / spinner, just some indication, i.e. Uploading - Please wait...

Can this be done?

I look forward to cb 2.0

12 years 1 month ago #195553 by krileon
I suppose it can be done using some jQuery. You maybe able to do this using CB Auto Actions with a Code action and mode set to jQuery to append jQuery to the header. I know for profile edit this can be done using the before profile edit form trigger (onBeforeUserProfileEditDisplay), but don't believe the avatar page has a trigger for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195658 by onlinesince79
Replied by onlinesince79 on topic Re: Solution for progress bar when uploading images
Okay thats great as i have image upload fields other than the avatar upload. As you said you know it can be done using the before profile edit form trigger would you please provide the code to implement?

Many thanks

12 years 1 month ago #195714 by krileon

would you please provide the code to implement?

No, sorry; you'll need to hire someone to develop the jQuery for you. I recommend posting your jQuery needs to joomlancers or similar sites. You can also try developing the jQuery your self using the aid of the below jQuery documentation.

docs.jquery.com/Main_Page

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn