Tabs showing up subscriptions not desired

12 years 1 month ago #195603 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Tabs showing up subscriptions not desired
You've the tab controlled based off the profile owners subscription and not based off the person viewing the profile. So if the profile owner has the subscription then no matter who's viewing the profile the tab will show. You need to configure "B." to also base it's display off the person viewing the profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #195629 by techbranchsm
Replied by techbranchsm on topic Re: Tabs showing up subscriptions not desired
Oh I see I haven't clearly expressed what I am trying to do.

I am trying to allow any Registered User to view the Tabs when they are looking at that particular subscribers profile.

However I want to restrict the owner of the subscription to be limited to only seeing and editing the appropriate tab for his subscription.

12 years 1 month ago #195631 by techbranchsm
The objective I am trying to achieve is that subscribed players can create a player profile that shows them and allows them to edit player information that subscribed teams profile users can use to find players.

and in contrast subscribed teams can create a team profile that shows them and allows them to edit team information that subscribed players profile users can use to find teams.

So both types of profile tabs (players and teams) should be viewable by all registered users but only the associated tab (players info and teams info) is viewable or editable by the particular subscriber type.

12 years 1 month ago #195719 by techbranchsm
Thank you for your help. However I must not be making sense to you the way you set it up didn’t accomplish what I was trying to achieve.

The goal is that players can create a player profile that is viewable by all and teams can create a profile that is viewable by all.
What happens when I set it up like you have done then only players can view players and only teams can view teams.

12 years 1 month ago #195726 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Tabs showing up subscriptions not desired
If I understand correctly you want the tab visible to everyone, but only want it editable to a specific subscription? If this is the case then you'll need to set A. to detailed and within "2) For Profile owner himself:" adjust the edit access of the tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn