Edit User Profile Menus

12 years 1 month ago #195475 by fbrace
Edit User Profile Menus was created by fbrace
Currently using Joomla 2.53, CB 1.8, cbSub 1.2.2

Have added the cb invites plugin and think this plugin may be very usable on my website.

My question is this:

I know where the menu option is on the user profile page under the edit option.

This seems to me that most members will not be able to find this easily unless told about it.

Can I rename the Edit menu Tab to "Edit Profile/Invite" and where do I find this?

Fred Brace, Pa-C, DFAAPA
www.veteranscaucus.org

Frederick C Brace III, PA-C, DFAAPA
Sect, Veterans Caucus of the AAPA
www.veteranscaucus.org

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #195539 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Edit User Profile Menus
It's a CB language string so if you'd like to rename it simply add the string to your CB language files.

Please not for next release the Overview page will be removed and this link will have no purpose. At that time invites will be managed completely from a users profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195646 by fbrace
Replied by fbrace on topic Re: Edit User Profile Menus
Thanks for the response Kyle.

I have looked in all of the language files for CB and CBSubs and cannot find where to edit this.

Which file are you talking about specifically.

Fred

Frederick C Brace III, PA-C, DFAAPA
Sect, Veterans Caucus of the AAPA
www.veteranscaucus.org

12 years 1 month ago #195713 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Edit User Profile Menus
It's not in CBs language files. You need to add it. Once done you translate it to whatever you like. You'd add the new string to the cbteamsplugin files of your language plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn