Create New or Modify Rounded Template?

12 years 1 month ago #196288 by MasterNABO
Create New or Modify Rounded Template? was created by MasterNABO
Because our website template is a three column one with the main block 610px wide, I have to modify the cbsubs rounded template.

I have done this by modifying components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbpaidsubscriptions\templates\rounded\cbpaidsubscriptions.css

However, I am concerned that when you update CBSubs next, if I upgrade, the rounded template will overwrite my modifications.

You talk in the manual about users creating their own template based on rounded template, but I can't see any detail how to do this.

Do I copy the rounded folder and modify any files in that folder? Please advise. If you release a new cbplug_cbsubstemplate_rounded-E.zip, how will I know what to change to keep up-to-date?

Also can you advise me about the .png files? If I halve the horizontal size of the currentplan_bg.png image using Adobe Photoshop, for example, will I be able to halve the widths and background-positions in cbpaidsubscriptions.css widths?
You talk in your promotional material about "Rounded template improvements (psd layer, new red icon, etc.)" - is the psd available to users?

Thanks
John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #196440 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Create New or Modify Rounded Template?

Do I copy the rounded folder and modify any files in that folder? Please advise

As the rounded template is installable you'd simply copy it, alter its names, alt its xml, and then install it. This would give you a new custom copy of the template. You'll basically replace "round" with "round2" for example (edit PHP/XML filenames as well).

If you release a new cbplug_cbsubstemplate_rounded-E.zip, how will I know what to change to keep up-to-date?

You'll need to use a DIFF program such as Winmerge, etc.. to diff the files and see what's different between them.

Also can you advise me about the .png files? If I halve the horizontal size of the currentplan_bg.png image using Adobe Photoshop, for example, will I be able to halve the widths and background-positions in cbpaidsubscriptions.css widths?

No idea as I did not develop the template. It's likely just reducing its width will do the trick.

You talk in your promotional material about "Rounded template improvements (psd layer, new red icon, etc.)" - is the psd available to users?

Yes, in the images folder of the rounded template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn