New group menu - how to get rid of

12 years 1 month ago #196389 by adop
Is there a way to stop the New Group Menu from appearing on the top right corner since it is already present in the panel on the left? I mean an option somewhere in the configuration so that no change to template code is made.

Thanks
adop

J2.5.3 CB 1.8.0 GJ 2.5.1 Kunena 1.7.2
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #196398 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: New group menu - how to get rid of
GJ configuration>Tabs>General>New group deactivate/disable
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

12 years 1 month ago #196437 by adop
Replied by adop on topic Re: New group menu - how to get rid of
Thanks jojo12.

Based on your feedback I have been looking for a similar way to get rid of the "Back to overview" menu item that appears when all groups in a category are listed:

I have a setup whereby there are some categories like:
All UK groups
All German groups, etc.

Within each category there are different groups. I want that users stay within the groups in their country. However with the "Back to overview" menu item enabled they are able to climb the structure and browse all the categories, including those related to other countries.

I have tried to find a config option to disable this menu however it doesn't seem there is one.
I have tried to limit to administrators Access to, for example, cat "All UK groups" but then I get an error msg.

So in conclusion I am looking for a way for users to be limited in their browsing to only groups within a category. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

adop

J2.5.3 CB 1.8.0 GJ 2.5.1 Kunena 1.7.2
Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #196438 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: New group menu - how to get rid of
This is available in several locations. By request quick new links where added (panel on the left can be disabled). Please review the below configuration.

GJ > Config > Categories > General > "New Category" and "New Group"
GJ > Config > Groups > General > "New Group"
GJ > Config > Tabs > General > "New Category" and "New Group"
GJ > Config > Panel > General > "New Category" and "New Group"
GJ > Config > Overview > General > "New Category" and "New Group"

Most if not all of them are "Disabled" by default.

Based on your feedback I have been looking for a similar way to get rid of the "Back to overview" menu item that appears when all groups in a category are listed:

There's no parameter to remove this. You'll need to edit GJs template files found below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/

As all of GJs frontend is template based it's possible for GJ to be completely redesigned to fit whatever purpose you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adop

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn