[SOLVED] GJ invites workflow

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #196394 by mportner
[SOLVED] GJ invites workflow was created by mportner
How can I find out how GJ group invites works? Is there a comprehensive manual that describes how to use it? I am using a lot of time figuring GJ out by trial-and-error. I don't see any detailed documentation of this great product.

I am creating a site and I tested out group invites. Here are my observations:

1. Another CB user invited my to his group. I got an email with as link. I clicked on it, but I was not logged on, so CB told me to log on. I did. I expected to see the "group successfully joined", but I did not. I had to go back to the invite email and click again. Then it worked.

I would expect also that if someone invited me to as group and I was not logged on, then the next time that I did log on, I would be notified that I have a pending group invitation to acknowledge. Am I missing something?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #196436 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ invites workflow
There's no extensive documentation for GJ at this time as it's still maturing and the documentation would likely change significantly with each release.

The invites work as any invite would. For example you invite a user by email address to a group. They then register with that email address and you can configure GJ to auto accept the invite or they can view Invited tab in their profile on the Groups tab to accept invites or they can browser to the group and click Join. If they're already registered to the site then the steps are the same except the registration process.

1. Another CB user invited my to his group. I got an email with as link. I clicked on it, but I was not logged on, so CB told me to log on. I did. I expected to see the "group successfully joined", but I did not. I had to go back to the invite email and click again. Then it worked.

Right, this is normal. CB can't redirect back to the invited link; it doesn't know where a user came from. You can also login, view Invited tab in your profile on the Groups tab to accept the invite or just browse to the group and click Join.

I would expect also that if someone invited me to as group and I was not logged on, then the next time that I did log on, I would be notified that I have a pending group invitation to acknowledge. Am I missing something?

Nope, there is no such thing. I assume you're wanting something similar to the new wall post or new PM notification in the login module. This is something that maybe added with a future release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #196485 by mportner
Replied by mportner on topic Re: GJ invites workflow
OK, I get it.

When you said this:

For example you invite a user by email address to a group. They then register with that email address and you can configure GJ to auto accept the invite or they can view Invited tab in their profile on the Groups tab to accept invites or they can browser to the group and click Join. If they're already registered to the site then the steps are the same except the registration process.

I logged on as usr1 and sent an invitation to "redriver" join my group. I then logged off and re-logged on as "redriver". These are test accounts. I went to my (redriver's) profile page.

I tried to find "Invited" tab(that you referred to above) under the GROUPS tab, but I struck out. See attached. Am I in the wrong place?
Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago #196497 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ invites workflow
Please ensure you're using GJ 2.5.1. The invited tab was implemented with GJ 2.5.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #196500 by mportner
Replied by mportner on topic Re: GJ invites workflow
OK, that is it. I am on 2.4. thanks for your excellent support.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.492 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn