choice of image with facebook recommend ?

12 years 1 month ago #196558 by jojo12
Hi,
I am using facebook recommend page with cb connect and cb content with substitutions.
It works really fine and I like it (my users too)

But it seems, it takes always the first image on the page for the facebook.
How can I decide, which image should be taken?
Is there someone who can give me a help for that?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #196587 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: choice of image with facebook recommend ?
Facebook determines its image by first checking Open Graph Protocol then if that's missing it uses the first image found. You can specify Open Graph Protocol in the "Metadata" parameter. Example as follows.
og:image=http://www.example.com/images/logo.png

Further Open Graph Protocol information can be found below.

developers.facebook.com/docs/opengraph/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

12 years 1 month ago #196593 by jojo12
Thanks for your help. I will try. My problem is, that my english is unsufficient for so long informations :-(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.050 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn