Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Login Module and CB Auto Actions help

• ortomedia
  • ortomedia
12 years 5 months ago #196570 by ortomedia
CB Login Module and CB Auto Actions help was created by ortomedia
Hi guys,

I have currently got to 99% of having my site finished now I'm using the (amazing) CB Auto Actions but I have come up against a problem which I can't fix.

I have 2 user groups on the site using the same registration page and login module with a CB Auto action to redirect the user after registration or login to correct area of the site.

In the user area I then have a menu which appears based on the user group you are logged in to (Advanced Modules plugin).

The problem is that if someone is logged in, then shuts the browser down and goes back to login, they are presented with the logout button, and the menu is missing. I can't set the menu as there is no way to test who is logged in and what group they are registered to.

What I desperately need is a method of testing if the user is logged in and returning the user group to redirect to their specific menu. Otherwise the user ends up on the page with no menu.

I hope someone can help as I will have to think of another way of building the whole user area if this isn't possible.

Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #196590 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Login Module and CB Auto Actions help
Their session hasn't timed out in that case. I recommend just shortening the session duration in Joomla global configuration. Joomla still has a session for the user so they're considered still logged in already. I've no experience with Advanced Modules plugin, but my guess is that's the problem as it's controlling menu access as the user is still logged in.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon