Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Invites questions

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #197200 by jojo12
CB Invites questions was created by jojo12
Hi
1)
What's the difference between Tooltips Icons and Text. I suggest icons is with !-icon and text when you mouse over, and text should show text after field name. But both seems to be the same (like icon).
2) How the invitee gets the invitation code. He gets only an email with same url addresses at the end (not clickable).
[SOLVED] I had to input [code] in the email.
3) When I go to change my profile, I have there the field invitation code. Do I need that here as registered user? I think I should need it only for registration.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by jojo12.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #197236 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Invites questions

1) What's the difference between Tooltips Icons and Text. I suggest icons is with !-icon and text when you mouse over, and text should show text after field name. But both seems to be the same (like icon).

When creating or editing an invite you should see an info icon as you would when editing a CB profile. If disabled it just displays the raw text.

2) How the invitee gets the invitation code. He gets only an email with same url addresses at the end (not clickable).

You need to include code substitution in the footer or header as well as the new registration link. Please upgrade to 2.0.3 where the description of prefix, header, and footer now describe the additional supported substitutions.

3) When I go to change my profile, I have there the field invitation code. Do I need that here as registered user? I think I should need it only for registration.

By default it's set to show on registration, hide on profile, and be read only. That's it's intended usage. If it is not on registration then you can not accept registrations with invite codes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by krileon.

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 1 month ago #197238 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: CB Invites questions
at 3: invitation code

By default it's set to show on registration, hide on profile, and be read only.

I have it like that, but it's still there, when I go to change my profile. I cannot enter anything.

Here it's only a bit confusing.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #197242 by krileon

I have it like that, but it's still there, when I go to change my profile. I cannot enter anything.

Right, that's what a read only field does. You can disable its profile edit view using CB Privacy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #197314 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: CB Invites questions
new question:
in the mail the invitee get, there's a link in the prefix.

In the footer there are url addresses but not as links. It would be better this as links. At least the link for registration. Is this possible?

(I have in uddeim BBcode enabled)
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by jojo12.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #197322 by krileon
The footer is completely customizable. By default I don't make them "a" elements because not all mail servers allow HTML, etc.. Simply edit the footer and supply the below for example.

<a href="[register]">[register]</a>

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

Moderators: beatnantkrileon