how to set field value based on other field value

12 years 3 weeks ago #197259 by socialfan
I havent found a tutorial that explains that.
Is there a tutorial that shows the use of autoactions; its not all selfexplantory for me.

So I want to set a field value based on another field value.

IF field A has the Value X selected then field B will have value Z assigned.

Thank you for support.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #197276 by krileon
There's a couple tutorials below that explain some CB Auto Actions use cases.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases

Aside from that it's designed to be self explanatory (there is no documentation for incubator projects). Basically you select the type of action (e.g. Field) then the trigger you want it to fire on (after registration, profile update, etc..) next select the access (everybody is usually best). You can then input substitution support conditions (e.g. [cb_field1] Equal To XYZ) and configure the details of whatever action you've selected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #197402 by socialfan
I try to set gender value based on the salutation value (Mrs -> female).

- set up auto action field type.
- added all triggers to do with registration (should asign that field value during reg.).
- user automatic
- ACL all
- condition salutation = mr
- action field (gender); opperator set value ; value "male"

and it doesnt do anything...

12 years 3 weeks ago #197419 by krileon
Please provide a screenshot of your auto action configuration as that's not descriptive enough. Almost always the issue is the condition. Test with the condition removed and it'd likely work. Also regarding the registration triggers the only two you need are: onAfterUserRegistration,onAfterNewUser (this gives you frontend and backend triggering)

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #197476 by socialfan
Please see attached:

Thank you
Attachments:

12 years 3 weeks ago #197511 by krileon
First issue is you're using the before and after registration triggers, you don't need both; see my reply above. Next issue is your conditional is not a substitution. You can not put cb_fieldname and expect it to do anything as it must be in proper substitution format of [cb_fieldname]; see tutorials within my signature for further substitution usage information. Once done issues addressed it should work fine assuming your condition matches properly (best to first test without a condition).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.562 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn