[SOLVED] Somebody please help me out

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #197298 by Snowblows
[SOLVED] Somebody please help me out was created by Snowblows
I am using Community Builder with Connect plugin (the newest one that connects to Facebook, twitter, etc) on one of my websites that I manage for a 4x4 club, it needs to have great community functionality to facilitate our growing size. We are using connect because we have over 100 users or "likes" on FB but only about 30 members on the website (none on the joomla system; mybb forum). Since I have begun using joomla for this particular project only about 3-4 have been able to successfully creat the new version of their accounts. The login in Facebook button doesn't seem to be working at all... If you think you can help me go to www.tourthe4x4.com to see what I mean, (don't mind the website's incompleteness/choppy design and workflow) we are a small operation that doesn't take in any money at all, the design is getting there and I've done better work, I just don't get the time. I am by no means an actual trained web design professional and everything I do know has been self taught. I have got this up and running before on different projects and it works fine.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #197318 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Somebody please help me out
Immediate issue is why do you have 2 Facebook sign in buttons. Please do not have FBC and CB Connect installed at the same time. Please understand FBC is inferior (always will be) to CB Connect. I created FBC from CB Connect with minimal features (single sign on only). So you do not need to have both installed. Also note clicking either of the buttons brings up the Facebook Auth Dialog perfectly fine.

Joomla version? CB version? CB Connect version? Please detail exactly what you're experiencing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Snowblows

12 years 3 weeks ago #197325 by Snowblows
Replied by Snowblows on topic Re: Somebody please help me out
Thank you, I do have both installed, I had FB Connect disabled however... I will try removing it and see if that gets rid of the double button. I am using "Joomla! 2.5.2 Stable [ Ember ] 5-March-2012 14:00 GMT" - Using Community Builder Version 1.8 - CB Connect Version 3.2.0

AND

Now that I am looking, FB Connect IS enabled even though I know I attempted to disable it... Alright, now I got it uninstalled... Lets see if I am still having the problem.

Okay, the two button problem SOLVED, Thank you very much. However, the login function is still a problem... Yes it pops up the facebook login, but once you try to continue after that nothing happens or an error, etc...

Any thoughts?

(PS: Do you know of anything that integrates MyBB w/ Joomla? Not a big deal, but I would hate for all 30 something members to have to make new accounts)

12 years 3 weeks ago #197327 by krileon

Any thoughts?

Nope, will need to take a look. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

(PS: Do you know of anything that integrates MyBB w/ Joomla? Not a big deal, but I would hate for all 30 something members to have to make new accounts)

I've no experience with MyBB, sorry. A quick search of JED turned up the following however.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/site-access/authentication-bridges/3723

jFusion claims to support MyBB (it's an authenticator bridge) that if it truly does support MyBB will resolve your forum issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #197330 by krileon
"You have successfully logged in"

Seams to be working fine. What exactly are you experiencing? Does the pop-up just close and that's it? Does it close and the page reloads, but you're not logged in? What browser are you attempting to use?

Reviewing CB Connect > Connected you've numerous users already connected fine.

Please note you were using 3.2.0 while 3.3.0 is latest release. I've went ahead and upgraded for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 3 weeks ago #197331 by Snowblows
Replied by Snowblows on topic Re: Somebody please help me out
Well thanks for the upgrade :)

I am using firefox, latest release... I will try with IE I suppose... It pops up and just goes away, and doesn't display any message at all, the site will still appear as if no login has completed (like, the login form still remains... When I know it should be the logout type module, if I were logged in)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn