[SOLVED] Memory Issue after a new User Group Creation

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #197853 by swhung
Hi,

I've tried to create a new User Group 'Demo' and new access level on my website on 14 Apr. Some articles, menu and modules are assigned to the new access level. The website started to have frequent memory error when a user login or logout (CB login module) at both Frontend and Backend. Suspecting that the problem is due to the new user group, I deleted the user group and the new access level as well. But the problem persists.

I set the Joomla Debug System on, and check the memory usage at each page. The login or logout sometimes exceeds 200MB to 300MB at the frontend. Login to the Admin backend uses 199MB! Other pages use much less memory. 'Something' has triggered this high memory usage with the CB Login/Logout module. When I checked my localhost memory usage, it never exceeds 50MB.

The php.ini memory limit used to be 256MB. My host support has helped to increase it to 384MB. Occasionally, when user logout, it's still giving problem.

I noticed that a user has logged a similar issue at your forum. Here's the link www.joomlapolis.com/forum/87-presales/193593-deciding-about-cb-error
This user has also created a new user group etc, and then the memory issue surfaced. But there is no problem identified and no solution given.

I've submitted a support ticket, and was asked to also post my issue in this forum. Hope I can get the necessary help to find out the cause and fix the issue.

Thanks.

Error log when it first occurred on 14 Apr, when a new user group was created:
[14-Apr-2012 12:27:29] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php on line 1980
[14-Apr-2012 12:36:27] PHP Warning: is_file() [<a href='function.is-file'>function.is-file</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/public_html/libraries/joomla/log/logger.php) is not within the allowed path(s): () in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/public_html/libraries/loader.php on line 141
[14-Apr-2012 12:36:27] PHP Warning: is_file() [<a href='function.is-file'>function.is-file</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/public_html/libraries/joomla/log/logexception.php) is not within the allowed path(s): () in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/public_html/libraries/loader.php on line 215
[14-Apr-2012 12:36:27] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'DirectoryIterator::__construct() [<a href='directoryiterator.--construct'>directoryiterator.--construct</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/public_html/libraries/joomla/log/loggers) is not within the allowed path(s): ()' in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/public_html/libraries/loader.php:60
Stack trace:
#0 <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/public_html/libraries/loader.php(60): DirectoryIterator->__construct('<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/publ...')
#1 <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/public_html/libraries/joomla/log/log.php(16): JLoader::discover('JLogger', '<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/publ...')
#2 <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/public_html/libraries/loader.php(273): include('<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/publ...')
#3 [internal function]: JLoader::_autoload('JLog')
#4 <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php(352): spl_autoload_call('JLog')
#5 <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/public_html/includes/framework.php(43): JError::setErrorHandling(8, 'message')
#6 <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/public_html/index.php(21): require_once('<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/publ...')
#7 {main}
thrown in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/public_html/libraries/loader.php on line 60
[14-Apr-2012 12:51:07] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16384 bytes) in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/public_html/libraries/loader.php on line 191
[14-Apr-2012 12:51:38] PHP Warning: file_exists() [<a href='function.file-exists'>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>skin/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/application.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (
abstract class JFactory

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #197875 by krileon
Never heard of such an issue. I've created well over 20 additional usergroups and over 5 new accesslevels yet never experienced this. Seams you've some sort of memory leak or infinite loop going on (normally PHP would kill these).

Please provide Joomla version and CB version. To debug disable non-core CB plugins (those not included with CB install) 1 by 1 until resolved. If still not resolved repeat with 3rd party Joomla plugins. If issue persists after doing that then please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #197914 by swhung
Thanks for your response.

My Current Versions:
CB 1.8
Joomla 2.5.4

I perceived this is a problem resulted from CB because the error message first captured was related to CB. --> [14-Apr-2012 12:27:29] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home/skin/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php on line 1980.
And configuration of new user group was what I did at that time.

As you suggested, I've disabled most of the non-CB plugins and components. The memory leakage is still happening. As the memory limit was increased to 384MB, the error log no longer output any PHP error/warning. But, I am still directed to 503 Service Unavailable error page intermittently when accessing frontend or backend. The memory usage can still go up beyond 200MB for simple pages loaded.

I've already given the necessary info to CB support through the support ticket.

12 years 1 month ago #197943 by krileon
For those experiencing similar issue it's likely server related (upgrade to PHP 5.3 if not done so yet) or a possible bug in recent J2.5.4 (Joomla forums riddled with memory/CPU issues for 2.5.4). This issue happens on pages where CB is never loaded and also at random (e.g. same page can load fine that it just consumed large memory on previously).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: swhung

12 years 3 weeks ago #198337 by swhung
Hi,

Just to update the issue is resolved. It is caused by the security settings (open_basedir and Mod_security) that was turned on at host end (the site is using LiteSpeed webserver).

After the settings were turned off, the memory issue and the error messages are gone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn