Error

Please login first

[SOLVED] How to style edit mode with substitutions?

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #197996 by socialfan
I am trying to organize the edit profile data look for registered members a bit.

So I was thinking to create one tab where I add a delimiter field that contains all other fields and tabs. Then I would set front end editing of all other tabs to no. That would leave only this one tab with the delimiter field.

The subsitution however brings only the value of the field.

So my questions:
- Does substitution support also editing?
- If it does can, it get the privacy configuration of different tabs?

Thanks for support.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #197998 by krileon

- Does substitution support also editing?

Yes, example as follows.

[cb:userfield field="avatar" output="htmledit" reason="edit" /]

- If it does can, it get the privacy configuration of different tabs?

Possibly if you use a tab substitution. Example as follows.

[cb:usertab tab="11" output="htmledit" reason="edit" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: socialfan

12 years 1 month ago #198004 by socialfan
Replied by socialfan on topic Re: How to style edit mode with substitutions?
It looks like that:
[cb:userfield field="avatar" output="htmledit" reason="edit" /]

disables the JS that shows the upload field?

12 years 1 month ago #198014 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: How to style edit mode with substitutions?
Always interested in customization... especially the edit profile page is treated as an orphan in regards of design ;-) I am just loud-thinking:

Does it make sense to swap the edit-profile into an ordinary J! article? Display everything with CB Content Bot. But what about the submission (form action)?

12 years 4 weeks ago #198029 by socialfan
Replied by socialfan on topic Re: How to style edit mode with substitutions?
I guess that would work except the form submission?

You can, however, do the same with a delimiter field and hide all other fields with the conditional plugin. Tested it yesterday and it worked but two issues:

1. Fields hide also on userlists (tested with avatar)and there is no option yet to disregard userlists.

2. See above (field upload not possible)

12 years 4 weeks ago #198042 by krileon

disables the JS that shows the upload field?

Can you be more specific? The JS should still work as it's prepared with the HTML of the field. It might need the same structure as a normal field though such as having a format of div or table (see tutorials within my signature regarding substitution usage).

Does it make sense to swap the edit-profile into an ordinary J! article? Display everything with CB Content Bot. But what about the submission (form action)?

I suppose you could try that as long as you construct the hidden values of the form properly. The issue being is you don't have access to the anti-spam functions that generates anti-spam hidden inputs. So this probably won't work.

1. Fields hide also on userlists (tested with avatar)and there is no option yet to disregard userlists.

Latest release of CB Conditional lets you select where it adjusts display. Simply set Profile View to Disabled and Profile Edit to Enabled. This way it only conditions the profile edit display of the fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn