CB Profile Gallery only uploads for Super users

12 years 4 weeks ago #198168 by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl
CB Profile Gallery only uploads for Super users was created by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl
Hi,

Strange problem over here. Two days ago I was able to add images to the CB Profile Gallery when logged in as a registered user at the front end of my site. Today I cannot add images anymore. At first it looks like adding is in proces, then after a few seconds I'm being redirected to the first tab of the profile and the new image isn't added.

After some tests it turned out that I can only add images when the user has Super user rights. This was not the case two days ago.

Yes, I've been working on the site meanwhile, but I cannot think of anything that I have changed which would affect this.

In do have problems on this site, though, with the JCE files and images settings, trying to set the access of registered users to only their personal images/files folder using JCE editor profiles. Do you know of any conflicts between CB Profile gallery and JCE profiles?

Kind regards,
Frits

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #198175 by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl
Replied by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl on topic Re: CB Profile Gallery only uploads for Super users
I've found out that I have to engage the gallery tab manually for every new individual user and also switch on the auto-publish option. Then every registered user can add images.

So this is partly solved, because I suppose that it must be possible to have these parameters set globally, instead of enabling them for every individual user. I've tried to set this, both in the plugin parameters and in the tab params but these seem to have no effect on this issue.

Frits

PS This works for some custom user groups, not for all!

12 years 4 weeks ago #198193 by krileon
Please see CB > Tab Management > Profile Gallery and adjust the parameters "Autopublish:" and "Allow Auto-publish Override:" as necessary. By default "Autopublish:" should be "Yes" and "Allow Auto-publish Override:" should be "No" meaning all images are automatically published and the user can't change that. If you set "Allow Auto-publish Override:" to "Yes" then the field value controls publish auto publishing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 weeks ago #198200 by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl
Replied by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl on topic Re: CB Profile Gallery only uploads for Super users
Thanks for your reply.

This works for one custom group of users which are of the Registered level. Yet for another custom user group of the same level this does not help.

When I move a user from one group to another, adding images becomes available. Or not available, depending on the group they are moved to.

I am quite positive that there is no difference in settings between the custom groups.

Frits

12 years 4 weeks ago #198201 by krileon
Hmm, doesn't seam like a matter of autopublish but that an entire custom usergroup is excluded from being able to add images. Please keep in mind the usergroup selector in the tabs parameters is for that usergroup and any usergroup above it (higher permissions). Those adjacent to it such as a sibling do not count. Example as follows

Access: Registered

Public
- Registered (can upload)
- - Author (can upload)
- Member (can't upload)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 weeks ago #198207 by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl

krileon wrote: Hmm, doesn't seam like a matter of autopublish but that an entire custom usergroup is excluded from being able to add images.

In which panel would I be able to find out about this? As I mentioned earlier, there also was an issue with JCE but that's solved now. And all user groups can upload images with JCE. Or isn't that the way I could check this?

Frits

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn