Error

Please login first

CB Profile Gallery only uploads for Super users

12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #198213 by krileon
JCE has nothing to do with Profile Gallery. JCE is just a WYSIWYG editor. You can check the access permission parameter within CB > Tab Management > Profile Gallery. If you could type up a short diagram of how your custom usergroup is structure as I've done in my previous post it'd be helpful in testing and trying to duplicate your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #198215 by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl
Replied by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl on topic Re: CB Profile Gallery only uploads for Super users

krileon wrote: You can check the access permission parameter within CB > Tab Management > Profile Gallery.

I cannot find any access parameter in that tab, other than the view access.

krileon wrote: If you could type up a short diagram of how your custom usergroup is structure as I've done in my previous post it'd be helpful in testing and trying to duplicate your issue.

I've added a screenshot of the Joomla core user groups panel. The issue concerns these two custom groups:

- Afstudeerprojecten
- Afstudeersolo’s

The first group can add images to the gallery, the second group can not.

Frits
Attachments:

12 years 4 weeks ago #198228 by krileon
It doesn't look like anything in source checks what usergroup the user is. It first checks if the person viewing the profile is the owner of the profile or if they're a moderator. It then checks if the user has reached their upload quota.

Can the user that can't upload see the "Submit New Gallery Entry" link? What happens when they click it? What happens when they try to upload?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 weeks ago #198236 by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl
Replied by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl on topic Re: CB Profile Gallery only uploads for Super users
They can see the link and select an image for upload. The problem only arises when they click the button to upload the file. Then for a few seconds one can see the animation which is played while the upload is processed. After that, the user is redirected to the first tab of the profile (which happens to be not the gallery) without any further message. When the user returns to the gallery tab, the gallery is unchanged.

Frits

12 years 4 weeks ago #198239 by krileon
Not quite sure what's happening. Seams to be working fine in all my tests. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as frontend credentials for a user experiencing this problem and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 4 weeks ago #198251 by krileon
Your issue is due to CB Auto Actions. You have a redirect in place that's redirecting the POST from the gallery form. I don't know which redirect specifically is causing it however. Please review your auto actions and adjust them as necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn