Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Edit profile page- remove the tabs? How to?

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #198321 by billraydrums
Edit profile page- remove the tabs? How to? was created by billraydrums

Hi,

I want to not have the tabbed interface on my "edit profile" page. How does one accomplish this?

Also, over this weekend I have painstakingly styled out the member profile page for my new site. However, when I go into the "Edit Profile" mode the floats and background colors I have added are all attached to the edit fields values, and this is causing big problems. Is there a way to exclude these registration/edit fields from the normal display?
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by billraydrums.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #198376 by krileon

I want to not have the tabbed interface on my "edit profile" page. How does one accomplish this?

You can't without a lot of crazy editing to cause the JS to fail. You'd need to use CSS with !important tags to force CSS and prevent the JS from doing anything.

Also, over this weekend I have painstakingly styled out the member profile page for my new site. However, when I go into the "Edit Profile" mode the floats and background colors I have added are all attached to the edit fields values, and this is causing big problems. Is there a way to exclude these registration/edit fields from the normal display?

Looks like you added a float style, but didn't clear it. You need to add clear: both; to an element after the float elements to clear it out.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon