[#3477] Some strange stuff with CB connect

12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 6 days ago #198713 by jacobsandin
[#3477] Some strange stuff with CB connect was created by jacobsandin
Ok... Firstly the google guide did not work as explained with joomla installed in a subfolder. Specificaly the "JavaScript origins" need to be the http://domain not the http://domain/joomla

Anyways nothing you get stuck on...

The next I suspect is a bug though.

I have AJAX check for email on, dont know if it matters. When I connect with google, and LinkedIn wich are the ones I tested. And the email is already in the system I get asked to write my email and verify my email to finish the registration. But even thoug I write a valid email that pass the test... under the user a adress such as saijdfri8ew@invalid.com is entered and the user is logged on.

found this strange.

Thanks for all help
Jacob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 week ago #198727 by raniko
Replied by raniko on topic Re: Some strange stuff with CB connect
Hey. I just saw your post as I was testing Linkedin with CB Connect. I ran into this as well. My issue was that I was deleting users from CB and Joomla, but they were getting stuck in CB Connect land. Running the CB Synch users tool fixed that issue for me. Not sure if it will work for you, but worth a shot.

Also, make sure you don't have another active user with that email address. The same issue will happen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacobsandin

12 years 1 week ago #198750 by jacobsandin
Replied by jacobsandin on topic Re: Some strange stuff with CB connect
Thank you Raniko for your answer :)

Very true I had the same adress as was supplied by facebook or LinkedIn.

However the one I supplied with the form was correct, and not in the system... Atleast I think so, I will dubble check.

But even so why would I be allowed to join with a email that is not valid when I do get the form to check it?

Kind Regards
Jacob

12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #198791 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Some strange stuff with CB connect
You shouldn't be allowed to join with an email already in use. It'd give you a email address already in use error. I've confirmed this working fine and received "This email is already registered." as expected.

However the one I supplied with the form was correct, and not in the system... Atleast I think so, I will dubble check.

Something is stopping the email from storing properly. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting to see if something could be interrupting the process.

But even so why would I be allowed to join with a email that is not valid when I do get the form to check it?

The user is registered, but they are Blocked and can't login until they provide a valid email address.

Please ensure you're using the latest release (3.3.1).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 days ago - 12 years 6 days ago #198824 by jacobsandin
Replied by jacobsandin on topic Re: Some strange stuff with CB connect
I had no problem being loged in.

I signed on using LinkedIn, linkedin used the mailadress already in use. So I get this dialog:

Suplying an email not used in system was no problem, it is attached to the user... as it should be.

But supplying another email already taken, just gets accepted by the above form and logs me in. With access to be clear.

And in the user admin for administrator this is what is shown

Loging out and in again give me the same question for email...

However to logon I just need to add the same erronous email adress again to get logged in.

Version

Kind Regards
Jacob
Attachments:

12 years 6 days ago #198874 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Some strange stuff with CB connect
Ah, I see; yeah there's no email in use check for that scenario. Will add for next release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3477

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacobsandin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn