Dropdown menu search from text field

12 years 6 days ago #198843 by Pere LK
Dropdown menu search from text field was created by Pere LK
Hi (again...)
I need to have a dropdown menu fullfilled with text field for search filter.
Ex : a text field where user add their skills : butcher, developper...
Now I want a dropdown menu in the search section for filtering with these skills.

I don't think it's possible in a 'field way' but maybye with adding code just after
echo $this->searchTabContent;
the template code...

Your advice on this ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 days ago #198878 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Dropdown menu search from text field
You'll need to develop a new fieldtype plugin and extend the text fieldtype. You'd then need to modify its search construction function to construct it how you're wanting. See CB Core Fields Ajax and several other fieldtype plugins as they simply extend existing fields and modify their output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 days ago #198914 by Pere LK
Replied by Pere LK on topic Re: Dropdown menu search from text field
Okay I will look at that if I have time because it's an option for my client.

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.475 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn