[SOLVED]updating member profile - username capture

12 years 4 days ago - 11 years 10 months ago #199011 by tgribble
hello

what i am trying to do is when a committee member changes fields in a member profile, the changes are captured in a "history" field (editor text area)

eg change member type ( field cb_membershiptype ) then cb_membershiptypehistory captures it via autoaction into cb_membershiptypehistory field

field set = [cb_membertype] on [cb:date format="d/m/Y" /]<br />[cb_membershiptypehistory]

this is working well and results in a historic list of changes stored in cb_membershiptypehistory

when i try to then caprute the name of the committee member to record who made the changes, i cant find the variable to do it as it always captures the name of the member who's record is being changed.

eg is the committee member name is "mike" and the record being changed is "jane"

[cb_membertype] on [cb:date format="d/m/Y" /] ( [username] )<br />[cb_membershiptypehistory]

will capture "jane" when i want it to get "mike"

can you let me know how to get the name of the person changing the record?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 days ago #199017 by nant
Perhaps you should take a look at the CB Profile Update Logger plugin from the Joomlapolis Incubator.

12 years 3 days ago #199043 by tgribble
Replied by tgribble on topic Re: updating member profile - username capture
yup, works well thanks. what is the variable you capture to get the username for the editor instead of the person being edited?

12 years 3 days ago #199070 by nant

tgribble wrote: yup, works well thanks. what is the variable you capture to get the username for the editor instead of the person being edited?

Guess I just look at logged in person.
You are free to inspect the code of plugin to understand it better.

12 years 3 days ago #199118 by krileon

tgribble wrote: yup, works well thanks. what is the variable you capture to get the username for the editor instead of the person being edited?

[cb:userfield field="username" user="#me" /]

For more on substitution usage please see tutorials within my signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn