CB colorpicker field ?

12 years 2 weeks ago #199309 by dotcom22
CB colorpicker field ? was created by dotcom22
hello

I wondering if you plan to make a CB field (Incubator?) for allow users to choose a color using a colorpicker maybe based on Jquery.

This seem not a big deal but I'm not a coder and I don't know from where to start. I found a great example here:

www.eyecon.ro/colorpicker/#about

My goals would be to get the hex value of users color choice for change color/apperance (using auto-action and sql query) of some third party component.

Any clue ??

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 weeks ago #199340 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB colorpicker field ?
It's certainly possible, but I had no plans to make such a field. You're welcome to review existing fieldtype plugins and develop such a field your self (or hire someone from sites like joomlancers). Alternative is to use a drop-down select and supply various colors manually instead of providing them with a color picker.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #199358 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: CB colorpicker field ?
The single select drop-down can be a solution but how I can do for make colored each color option? Using css probably...??

For example if I want provide 3 color choice like:

ff0000
0000ff
cccccc

...I must insert each hex value inside each CB field option... Then each of those option must be colored with his corresponding color. Have you a css sample to give me please ?

In case I tried to develop my own ColorPicked CB field Type, if I'm not wrong CB use already by default Jquery. It is correct? That mean is not necessary to include this css librairy again but need to connect to it ? Any clue about ?

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

12 years 2 weeks ago #199362 by krileon

The single select drop-down can be a solution but how I can do for make colored each color option? Using css probably...??

Be easier to just put "Red", "Blue", "Green", etc..

...I must insert each hex value inside each CB field option... Then each of those option must be colored with his corresponding color. Have you a css sample to give me please ?

CB gives each option a unique ID. You'll need to use Firebug for Firefox to inspect the drop down to see what the ID of its options are. Example as follow.
option#cbf52 {
	background-color: #ff0000;
}

In case I tried to develop my own ColorPicked CB field Type, if I'm not wrong CB use already by default Jquery. It is correct? That mean is not necessary to include this css librairy again but need to connect to it ? Any clue about ?

No idea what you're asking about, sorry. Yes, CB uses jQuery and already has a jQuery library. It is only included if CB API calls it, but you can use CB Auto Actions to add custom jQuery to the header.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #213660 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: CB colorpicker field ?
I need also to set a colorpicker field and came to this extension
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/tools/design-tools/15869
or this one
vm.xmlswf.com/joomla-modules/admin-plugins/joomla-admin-color-picker

Is there any way to include the js libraries in order to make it a CB field ?

This would solve a lot of things instead of using the plugin everywhere with a delimiter field

Could you hint ?

11 years 6 months ago #213669 by krileon

Is there any way to include the js libraries in order to make it a CB field ?

Make a new fieldtyoe plugin as suggested in this topic already.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn