Registration Email not sent

12 years 2 weeks ago #199375 by nelson540
Registration Email not sent was created by nelson540
Hello Everyone;

I've seen much in this area but not exactly the pain that
I am encountering.

Here goes :

We are close to rolling the site out and have discovered that emails in response
to registration data entry do not go out. Resend of confirmation notice works fine
as do the welcome messages and the lost password /account emails.

ONLY the initial "Ok, please go here to activate" fails to go out.
Following the link from the resend confirmation notice and all downstream
work just fine.

..... doubtless something quite simple ?

Sean Nelson

Environment:

(hostgator)
CB Version == 1.7.1
PHP Built On Linux gator84.hostgator.com 3.2.15 #5 SMP Thu Apr 19 15:57:29 CDT 2012 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.21-55
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.2.17
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.1 Stable [ Ember ] 2-Feb-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
Using sendmail agent.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 weeks ago #199432 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Registration Email not sent

CB Version == 1.7.1

Please upgrade to CB 1.8 and confirm if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 weeks ago #199439 by nelson540
Replied by nelson540 on topic Re: Registration Email not sent
I am not sure that this can be done as I
do not have permissions to make such changes.

Perhaps I am wrong.
There is a 49089874th time for everything.
;-)

Thanks.

11 years 11 months ago #202608 by kbotnen
Replied by kbotnen on topic Re: Registration Email not sent
Hi,

I have the same problem.

CB 1.8
Joomla 2.5.4

Welcome email is fine, same is "resend confirmation". But not the initial "Go here to activate your account"

-Kristian-

11 years 11 months ago #202634 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Registration Email not sent

Welcome email is fine, same is "resend confirmation". But not the initial "Go here to activate your account"

As you're using CBSubs edit your plans and on the workflows tab set Confirmation to be before payment rather then after. This tends to work much better then requiring confirmation after they pay.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #202652 by kbotnen
Replied by kbotnen on topic Re: Registration Email not sent
It still doesnt work.

I have one plan, and its a free plan, but requires subscription. Does the fact that its free matter?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn