[SOLVED] payment basket has no gateway associated

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #199972 by drdehart
We have a user that registered and something happened to interrupt the payment process. They did pay though, and we received the PayPal notification. So we want to activate their subscription manually. When I try this in CBsubs (v1.2.2), I get the error message: "the payment basket has no gateway associated so can not be paid manually."

The transaction created the following records:
Basket Id: 42
Invoice number: U174217383537027
Item number: S2601-3478-2

How do I clear the basket and show it as paid? The user cannot access the site because of this problem; he gets the CBSubs notice saying he first has to pay. He can't even clear it by paying again, because PayPal says: This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #199977 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: payment basket has no gateway associated
never mind - I was able to resend the IPN message from PayPal and clear the basket.

11 years 10 months ago #203089 by cliffvt
Replied by cliffvt on topic Re: payment basket has no gateway associated
Dear Team

Usings Paid Subs 2.0.1 on Joomla 1.5.22 and CB 1.8 (all the latest)

I have this same problem a LOT and it is really frustrating. Today a member tried to pay by PayPal and it was not successful for whatever reason. She then called me and I took a manual payment via the phone using our web-based merchant gateway with a major bank. When I then tried to go into the payment basket and mark the basket as paid, I kept getting this error. It would be useful if we were able to select the payment gateway during the "Pay" process perhaps, else I cannot figure out any other way to mark this person as paid.

I also get the same problem with offline payments. People seem to constantly only go as far as setting up the payment, but not clicking on the final step - which means that a basket item is created but it stays as "Not initiated" - when I receive the payment by cheque or cash, and then try to mark the basket as "Pay" I get the same messages as above.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Cliff
Attachments:

11 years 10 months ago #203110 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: payment basket has no gateway associated

I have this same problem a LOT and it is really frustrating. Today a member tried to pay by PayPal and it was not successful for whatever reason. She then called me and I took a manual payment via the phone using our web-based merchant gateway with a major bank. When I then tried to go into the payment basket and mark the basket as paid, I kept getting this error. It would be useful if we were able to select the payment gateway during the "Pay" process perhaps, else I cannot figure out any other way to mark this person as paid.

Do you have IPNs properly configured (please see your documentation)? Do you receive failed IPNs in your Notifications? Any errors regarding the IPNs in History Log? Any errors regarding the IPNs in your PayPal accounts IPN History? Regarding paying the subscription there's not much you can do if the person didn't go through the proper processes. You'd need to edit them within User Management and give them the subscription from there.

I also get the same problem with offline payments. People seem to constantly only go as far as setting up the payment, but not clicking on the final step - which means that a basket item is created but it stays as "Not initiated" - when I receive the payment by cheque or cash, and then try to mark the basket as "Pay" I get the same messages as above.

I believe you maybe able to remove this by editing your Offline payment gateway and adjusting "Payment slip opens in:".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #203142 by cliffvt
Replied by cliffvt on topic Re: payment basket has no gateway associated

Do you have IPNs properly configured (please see your documentation)? Do you receive failed IPNs in your Notifications? Any errors regarding the IPNs in History Log? Any errors regarding the IPNs in your PayPal accounts IPN History? Regarding paying the subscription there's not much you can do if the person didn't go through the proper processes. You'd need to edit them within User Management and give them the subscription from there.

Answer, is Yes, we have it properly configured and in the past two years have accepted in excess of 1,000 payments this way automatically - it works fine.

FYI, in case this is fixable, the issue, reconstructed is as follows:
  • Member initiates renewal of membership
  • Chooses Paypal
  • Transfers to PayPal site,chooses not to login in to PayPal account but pay by credit/debit card
  • Member enters card details - PayPal have now changed their interface - a captcha is now included in the payment screen
  • Member presses continue, and PayPal throw up an error message that says to the effect "You MUST login to your PayPal account if you are using the email address or card associated with your account" - this is something new, in the past the member had the option to say "Continue without logging in" - this is no longer an option;
  • Member does not want to log in and cancels the PayPal payment process;
  • Member calls us to make a phone payment
  • The basket was created by the member, but we cannot mark it as paid as there is apparently "no gateway associated with it"

Now I must say this also happens if the members PayPal payment was not completed as a result of a credit card declined or something like that.

Now I am happy to do it via membership management, but the problem is of course that payment reports are incorrect and the basket needs to be deleted manually. I would prefer a work-around via the basket as the payment is then included in reports.

Cheers

Cliff

11 years 10 months ago #203200 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: payment basket has no gateway associated
That sounds like something new on PayPals end? I suppose they don't allow you to make a purchase with an email and credit card that's tied to a PayPal account without first logging in (actually is a good security measure). I recommend contacting PayPal regarding this.

You can't pay a basket that isn't pending. You'll need to give them the subscription directly from user management. Alternative is to visit the users profile on frontend while logged in as administrator and go through the offline payment gateway process for them. Then pay the offline purchase from backend. Note this feature is only available with CBSubs 2.0.1.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn