CB Reg User details

12 years 1 week ago #200078 by frankgill
CB Reg User details was created by frankgill
I am trying to sort out a redirect bug on the site and have been advised to remove all components, modules and plugin (By the way - I think the problem is with the host). I have removed all the modules etc. bar three and am now approaching the bigger ones, one of which is CB. The question is

Can I uninstall and reinstall and keep the user generated information/details without having to manually input the details, including passwords etc.. for each user. Any advice would be great. I have seen ARRA User Export Import extension on the Joomla directory and am unclear is that is what I need.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 week ago #200087 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Reg User details

I am trying to sort out a redirect bug on the site and have been advised to remove all components, modules and plugin (By the way - I think the problem is with the host). I have removed all the modules etc. bar three and am now approaching the bigger ones, one of which is CB. The question is

Believe your host has advised you incorrectly. You don't need to uninstall anything. Instead just disable it, which disables it from loading and thus never executing.

Can I uninstall and reinstall and keep the user generated information/details without having to manually input the details, including passwords etc.. for each user.

Yes, when you uninstall CB it doesn't remove its databases. I do recommend making a backup of your database first though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 days ago #200096 by frankgill
Replied by frankgill on topic Re: CB Reg User details
This is my first webpage design and it was ready for showing when it was hacked. I suspected that the issue was the host as the problem was not resolved when I disabled ALL modules and plugins and components - then they indicated that to be absolutely certain I needed to uninstall them all - some job and very demotivating. I am obsessive about backups and have three on of my own and the host has two weeks of server backups - reinstalled their oldest one - problem persisted. Gave the PC a good cleaning through Bleeping Computers. Doing final clean up before I try again.

I note I need to upgrade from CB1.4 to 1.8 - is this just a straight forward reinstall (after backup of course) or do i need to do some more.

12 years 4 days ago #200214 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Reg User details

I note I need to upgrade from CB1.4 to 1.8 - is this just a straight forward reinstall (after backup of course) or do i need to do some more.

Just install it over your existing CB install through Joomla extension manager and it'll automatically upgrade your CB install.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 days ago #200399 by frankgill
Replied by frankgill on topic Re: CB Reg User details
Thanks for getting back so quick - sorry for delay in responding

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds