Using the Video plugin

11 years 11 months ago #200367 by marriage_minded_man
Using the Video plugin was created by marriage_minded_man
Here is what I'm trying to do. I want to give the option to users to have a video or a Youtube Channel or an avatar as their main profile picture. So I give them 3 choices. I took the two fields (video and channel) and put them on the Contact Info tab along with a radio button with three choices (youtube channel, video from anywhere, or avatar). I use field delimiters and if statements to select the value of what I want to display on a different tab (not the contact info tab). I'm using the Video plugin just released. When the user selects the channel, its fine, because Im surrounding the value with the youtube embed code, so it works. But when I place the Video value from the plugin, all it shows is the URL (because thats what the user inputted). How do I get the full output of the video plugin (with the <param....etc.) into a different tab than the one its hosted on, as opposed to just having it spit out the value of what the user inputted. Am I making sense? I want to have the user input the URL on the contact info tab and then have the video displayed on a different tab using if statements. Its just spitting out the URL.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #200413 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Using the Video plugin
Your substitution needs to be a full substitution instead of [FIELDNAME], which displays raw output. Example as follows.

[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /]

More on substitution usage can be found in tutorials within my signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #200484 by marriage_minded_man
Replied by marriage_minded_man on topic Re: Using the Video plugin
Worked like a charm. Thanks. However I have a different problem.

I have cb_chosenvideo as a field in contact info tab.

I want the output to show on secondary tab. Done (thanks to your help).

On front end I want to hide the output on the contact info tab and show it only on the secondary tab. I do this by disabling 'show on profile' in the fields parameter. It now shows it on the secondary tab because of the substitution and hides it on the contact info tab. Looks good on front end.

However when I do this, it also hides on the secondary tab (where I put the sbstitution) on the backend. Why? I want the user to be able to see it on the secondary tab on the backend.

11 years 11 months ago #200514 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Using the Video plugin
To do that you'll need to move it to a tab that is in a "not shown on profile" position. If you disable its profile display then it'll disable profile display everywhere (the substitution API respects settings and permissions). Once moved to a tab in a not shown on profile position you'll then render it elsewhere using a substitution.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marriage_minded_man

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.570 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn