Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Content + CB Rating

• xborg
  • xborg
12 years 3 days ago #200880 by xborg
CB Content + CB Rating was created by xborg
I am trying to code My Rating Field into CB Content Module I could not find any information on the My Rating script. I read it can be done by using the CB content module but no instructions. What I am trying to accomplish is the ability for guest to rate user only on the front page.

I understand how to place fields into the CB content module and to embed it onto the front page but have no ideal how to construct the rating field to allow guest to rate.

I am using Joomla 2.5 and CB 1.8.

thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 days ago #200899 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Content + CB Rating
You need to use a full field substitution instead of the [FIELDNAME]. Example as follows.

[cb:userfield field="FIELDNAME" /]

I don't think it's going to work how you're wanting it though. The CB Content module renders substitutions based of the viewing user. So if you're not logged in then you don't have a profile and can't render a rating field. I also believe it won't render in CBs template so the rating field probably won't be styled. If you're using a specific user with user="ID" parameter then it should work fine aside for the styling issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon