Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User Registration Name Fields

• shaulisb
  • shaulisb
12 years 2 days ago #200950 by shaulisb
User Registration Name Fields was created by shaulisb
After allowing profiles to be viewed publicly on our website, the New User page doesn't show the First, Middle, and Last name fields. The fields show up as un-published and I cannot publish them because only the name field is set to show on the profile (in global CB config). How can I allow all four fields (Name, First, Middle, and Last) to be filled in? I would like all four to be completed and searchable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 days ago #200952 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: User Registration Name Fields
What name fields are used is based off the name formatting you've selected within CB > Configuration > General. If you want first/middle/last you need to set the name display to that format.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• shaulisb
  • shaulisb
12 years 2 days ago #200957 by shaulisb
Replied by shaulisb on topic Re: User Registration Name Fields
Is it possible to have both? I am using CB on a school website. Publicly I would like the name field to show as I have it filled in with Mr./Mrs. then the teacher's last name. For the back end of the site and for search ability, I would like top have the full name as well. Any suggestions?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 days ago #200958 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: User Registration Name Fields

Is it possible to have both?

Possibly; you could display the name with a delimiter field using substitutions. Example as follows.

[cb_prefix] [lastname]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon