[SOLVED] Manage Connections Link in Uddeim Opens New Window

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #201762 by marriage_minded_man
I'm experiencing a similar problem to this one here:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/112-cb-122-general-discussion/145403-solved-manage-connections

Manage Connections Link in Uddeim message notification Opens New Window. Can't figure out where to look in the code.

I log in and out with multiple accounts, and sometimes it would pull up the connections of an account that I just logged out of instead of the one Im currently in. The link in the Uddeim message looks like this.

<a href="mydomain.com/index.php/ms-profile/manageconnections" target="_blank">Manage Connections

Not sure where to look to fix this. Trying searching the files. Any advice?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #201809 by krileon
It has a target of _blank so it'll always open as a new window. No idea where it's coming from as searched all of CB for trances of that message and did not find any. Can you describe in more detail exactly what PM you're trigger that has the manage connections? Requesting a connection to/from a user?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #201847 by marriage_minded_man
Replied by marriage_minded_man on topic Re: Manage Connections Link in Uddeim Opens New Window
I tried searching all files too, but couldnt find anything. It's a Uddeim message with that link inside. Could it be that Uddeim opens all links externally??? And the _blank target is just a code for all external links?

I dont know how the Manage Connection request was made I assume its all the same. Its the notification inside the Uddeim message that opens up in a new window.

11 years 10 months ago #201848 by marriage_minded_man
Replied by marriage_minded_man on topic Re: Manage Connections Link in Uddeim Opens New Window
I think that's what it is, because the notification has 2 links inside it looks like this:

NOTE: This is a message generated automatically by the Connections system. It has the connecting user's address, so you can conveniently reply if you wish to.

MsToxicGoddess is requesting to connect with you and requires your approval. Please accept or deny the connection request accordingly.

Manage Connections

The username linked to their profile and the link to manage connections. They both open in a new window.

11 years 10 months ago #201883 by krileon
Ah, it's a connect request PM. This is coming from _notifyConnectionChange in comprofiler.class.php. However, it has no target. So it would seam UddeIM is appending a target to all URLs inside the PM, which is actually a good thing as it expects external URLs, etc.. However, ideally it should check if the URL is external or local (my domain matching to live_site). Not much more I can advise on the matter as it'd require change sin UddeIM if there's no parameter to disable this (may want to review UddeIM configuration or post to UddeIM boards).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #201928 by marriage_minded_man
Ok. Thanks. Not a battle I'm going to take on right now to eliminate a _blank target, but good to know where it's coming from. Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn