Registration form in front end

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #201917 by thd
Registration form in front end was created by thd
Hi Guys
For a sport club I'm preparing the new season...
I would like to offer to some managers the possibility :

* to manage the renewal of existing members => fields update on existing members profile : I think it's OK with CB : acces on modification of users via a list of existing members

* to create new potentials members : it would be great if theses managers can record and create the new potentials members via a front end menu item and also if they can update that new member profile on the same page... (or via a list of new members if not possible in the same page) : so is it possible to have a complete registration form in the front end ?
Many thanks.
ThD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #201920 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Registration form in front end
You can add moderators by adjusting the usergroup CB moderators are considered from within CB > Configuration > Moderation or adding them to the moderator usergroup already selected. I don't recommend setting this to Public or Registered as everyone would become a moderator. More details on this can be found in your documentation.

Regarding frontend registration the only currently solution is to logout and go through normal registration process with the users information. Alternative is give them backend access and let them create users from CBs user management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #201922 by thd
Replied by thd on topic Re: Registration form in front end
ok thanks Krileon for this quick answer.
For the point 1 I agree no problem

For the point 2, ok I 'll do as you suggest. As I don't want to put the registration process on the front end to every body I have to give access to back end to proceed the registration....
I just wondered if a module does exist to do that (on J25 or CB). It could be great if someone can develop this... I think a lot of web communities and club should appreciate as it prevent from a backend access. OK this altenative solutions works that's good !!
Thanks for you reply.
ThD

11 years 10 months ago #201971 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Registration form in front end
Frontend registration of users (frontend user manager) is something we'll be looking into for CB 2.0. For CB 1.x however it'd just be too big of a change.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn