[SOLVED] How assign a tab to a Joomla menu item

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #201927 by ggdhello
I want to avoid tabs within my site and place the pages in Joomla menus such as: Connections, invites, groups... (groups are tabs within tabs). How can i set urls for these?

Many Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #201974 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How assign a tab to a Joomla menu item
No such URLs exist. The best approach I guess is to install CB Content Bot then create static Joomla content articles using the below substitution to render tabs inside of the article. Then add Joomla menu links to those articles.

[cb:usertab tab="##" user="#me" /]

Alternative is to link to a tab on profile using external links. This results in that tab being pre-selected on profile. Example as follows.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&tab=##

Replace ## with the tab id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #202014 by ggdhello
Replied by ggdhello on topic Re: How assign a tab to a Joomla menu item
Thanks Kyle.

11 years 10 months ago #203039 by ggdhello
I was able to get the second version working. Unfortunately, not the first (in article). I installed the cb.contentbot via the regular Joomla install method and the plugin is activated. I just get the text showing in the article.

Is there other CB plugins that need to be activated for this to work?

11 years 10 months ago #203055 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How assign a tab to a Joomla menu item

I just get the text showing in the article.

You didn't surround it with the special tags as described in the plugins description. Example as follows.

{cb:[cb:usertab tab="##" user="#me" /]}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #203147 by ggdhello
Ok - getting the right code worked - thank you. How do I get rid (hide) the tabs. If I unpublish - they don't Show in the article. Is there a trick to hide them?

Also - seems the contact info will not show this way. Any recommendations on how to display that page and match the site CSS.

I am using a recent Yootheme template and hate to bring in other nav pieces.

Thanks for all your help.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn